Cyprus vehicles

handler 69

Hi, who do you mean The Cypriots, The Turkish, The British Army (BFC) or the UN?

I am 100% sure that none of the vehicles you mention are still in use in Cyprus.

But both the Turkish and Cypriot Military have a lot of very nice, ok some seems to be a little dated but still excellent toys.

The British military only seem to have 4t troop/cargo trucks i.e. Bedford's and dafs, Wolf's, Saxons and various plant equipment.

The UN now uses Glover Webb Taticas owned and operated by ARGCON (Argentina contingent) as its armoured response vehicles, but has various civi pickups (Chevy, Isuzu and Toyotas) but each contingent has its own cargo/troop and water trucks which are various makes which include Magirus Deutz, Tatra, Star and Aktis Trucks, and in its own fleet are trucks from Hino, Renault, Iveco, Isuzu and Volvo.

Hi, who do you mean The Cypriots, The Turkish, The British Army (BFC) or the UN?

I am 100% sure that none of the vehicles you mention are still in use in Cyprus.

But both the Turkish and Cypriot Military have a lot of very nice, ok some seems to be a little dated but still excellent toys.

The British military only seem to have 4t troop/cargo trucks i.e. Bedford's and dafs, Wolf's, Saxons and various plant equipment.

The UN now uses Glover Webb Taticas owned and operated by ARGCON (Argentina contingent) as its armoured response vehicles, but has various civi pickups (Chevy, Isuzu and Toyotas) but each contingent has its own cargo/troop and water trucks which are various makes which include Magirus Deutz, Tatra, Star and Aktis Trucks, and in its own fleet are trucks from Hino, Renault, Iveco, Isuzu and Volvo.

No Saxon's in Cyprus anymore last ones went at the beginning of this year, Bedford/Dafs are slowly being reduced to make way for MAN SV.

Troy,

They have not used Saladins and Ferrets anywhere (except for gate guards on a plinth) since the early 90s.

Chris

Yes I was just wondering as I was reading a bit about the British Army in Cyprus the other day and was wondering if they were still using the Saladin's and Ferrets there.

Cheers

Troy

According to the RAOC, the Cyprus Armoured Car Squadron weren't using Saladin in 1985. Bazz, who will no doubt be along shortly to correct my errata, once told me a lovely story about our squadron's return to Cyprus (after I had moved on). A Saladin broke down and a part indent was sent through the supply chain. It came back, unfulfilled, because depot knew that Saladin had been withdrawn from service, so no, you cannot have the part.

Eventually they had to take a picture of the vehicle in question with a visibly-dated newspaper and forward this in support of the part indent.

Well it makes me laugh.