military oddesy

just been looking for old threads on this show, cant find any?could you post a link cheers

Search using the correct spelling "Odyssey" also search "Detling"

As with other shows the only way to find out about a show properly is to go, you may think it's ok.. booking in closed for MV's back in March..

Edited by Marmite!!

as i am finding out closing dates for shows can be quite flexible:D

Think you'll find differently with MO.. also certain vehicles are restricted & if you haven't attended before you have to send photos of your MV so they can see if it's acceptable to them. Turn up after the last entry time & you won't be allowed in until the evening. You won't be allowed to leave until the show closes etc...

We stopped going when they only wanted certain vehicles in our group meaning not all of our group could attend with a vehicle.. Was a good show when it started.

Booking's taken on a first come first served basis and no later than 31st March 2010.

There will be hundreds of privately owned preserved restored quality military vehicles.

Vehicles such as these shown, will be part of the large display of military transport from the First World War to present day.

It is also to be noted that due to space limitations, popular vehicles ( Jeeps and Landrovers etc ) will be restricted to certain numbers.

Flexible dates? Just shows how desperate they have got to entice the MV owners back. Even still. Its one show that i wouldn't support in any shape or form!.

Think he was referring to shows in general, I'll eat my hat if MO are taking late bookings..

Do you wanrt brown sauce Lee? :cool2: Never has ben a vehicle show really, and seems to be getting smaller? I'll be down there but not exhibiting doing support work for the 10th Essex trench. May well take the Dodge though, she likes the day out and is easier to leave on site during the day with the kit in.

The clue is in the title really, Military Odyssey - The worlds largest living history event. It's a living history event with appropriate supporting military vehicles, as opposed to War & Peace which is a military vehicle show with appropriate living history. Simples!

I'll be there in the field kitchen in the WW1 area, drop by for a brew if you're there.

thats what i had heard rambo that every year mv owners were getting pushed further and further away from the main area i had no intention of going ,just interested to hear owners thoughts on this .

I think numbers are down as the living history groups are being forced to sign a contract obliging them to stay for the whole event - apparently too many people left on the sunday last year - the contract is legally binding as well :(

I think numbers are down as the living history groups are being forced to sign a contract obliging them to stay for the whole event - apparently too many people left on the sunday last year - the contract is legally binding as well :(

They have done this for a couple of years, I've read on the WW2 fourm that groups may be pulling out.

Quite alot of shows ask you not to leave until late sunday, w+p being one of them. The thing is if you have work monday then you have to leave early to get home.

I think its pretty bizarre people are being asked to sign contracts in order to turn up for free and make these show organisers richer?? I would understand if people were being paid but for free...seems a bit nuts to me when its the exhibitors that make these shows...

Quite alot of shows ask you not to leave until late sunday, w+p being one of them. The thing is if you have work monday then you have to leave early to get home.

classic car owners have been leaving shows early on sunday for years, its a standing joke up here!!!!

Mark

Well I stopped in.... didn't seem to be huge number of people, around lunchtime I arrived and left around 1pm. I thought I'd have a look as I was in the area.

[ATTACH]33559[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]33567[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]33566[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]33565[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]33564[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]33563[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]33561[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]33562[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]33560[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]33568[/ATTACH]