Help with transportation of an MV

I need to transport a Humber Pig Mk 1 (5.3T) from Reading to Hereford and all the contacts I have been given draw a blank.

The 'PIG' in question used to belong to Dale Prior, a very close friend of Clive Elliott, which some of you may be aware of regarding the sad loss of Dale and selling off of his collection.

If anyone can assist then please PM me with an idea of cost please.

Kind regards

Wayne

Edited by Rover8FFR

• 2 weeks later...

I know of a very helpful, and reasonably priced chap, His name is Malcolm Millard and his number is 07802604407, although he is based in Chandlers Ford, near Southampton, he is still very competetive with his prices.... messing about with trucks is virtually his hobby.... and he moves stuff all over the UK, sometimes for the MOD too, I believe.

Thanks everyone. The confirmed reduction in unladen weight by Clive is indeed of assistance. My close friend back home transports his SAS Pinkie fully laden on his 7.5T GVW Mercedes transporter so I am guessing that a series 2a Pinkie will all canvas' radios and fuel in tanks must be getting close to the nett 4775Kg approx that Clive advises.

I will of course let people know how I get on for future reference.

Regards

Wayne, unladen in imperial it's only 4 tons 14 cwt, metric it is 4,775kg. Just in case people have a 5 tonne cut off point in terms of vehicle capability or pricing, don't want to put them off!

Long or Short Hundredweight?????? Roughly in either case 20 Hundredweight is a metric Ton.

As a conversion the 4T 14cwt it equates to 4.7 T. I agree with your maths, albeit 20 divided by 14 is 0.7 so you must have more balls on your abacus Clive. Thanks for the info though.

I guess with empty fuel tanks and no batteries fitted it would be below 4.5T??

Regards

Hmm. Although I have pure maths & applied maths as separate A level subjects most of it is long forgotten.:cry:

I was just quoting from the Data Section of the User Handbook, also gives it as 10,528 lb.

That's just showing off with qualifications on a Friday Mr Elliott. :clap:

You are right and it is closer to 4.78T at 4785.45kg :bow: I am not worthy!

Alan must be anticipating an email from you as I can hear erruptions starting from the Herefordshire area. Oh why did I say is that Knicker Pink!......:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: