Hello from Hampshire

robj

I have a 1964 Series 2a FFR Land Rover. Although I know it was in the signals regiment during its life

in the forces, I have decided to repaint it RAF blue- grey. I'm more interested in the RAF and there doesn't seem to be many RAF vehicles about. Not sure if the RAF used FFR Land Rover's, seems difficult to found any pictures on RAF Land Rovers from the 1960's. Perhaps I will found help on this forum.

One of its many colours is yellow, has been suggested it was with Air Traffic Control when it was released

from the Army?

Rob

I have a 1964 Series 2a FFR Land Rover. Although I know it was in the signals regiment during its life

in the forces, I have decided to repaint it RAF blue- grey. I'm more interested in the RAF and there doesn't seem to be many RAF vehicles about. Not sure if the RAF used FFR Land Rover's, seems difficult to found any pictures on RAF Land Rovers from the 1960's. Perhaps I will found help on this forum.

One of its many colours is yellow, has been suggested it was with Air Traffic Control when it was released

from the Army?

Rob

Rover Mk 8 FFrs as you have were not typically with the RAF in the 60's too much. A few did migrate across though!

The best advice I can give is to keep it as genuine as possible.

I am jelous in part though as mine is a 63 and I cannot trace it's history through the old records at Deepcut!!! However if mine was RAF then we are both in a similar area by default. Albeit I cannot find any Blue paint on mine even with 27,000 layers.....?

Good hunting :cool2: and you are in the right place to get help.

Hi welcome to the forum. I,m a FFR man myself( just like all the cables and clutter)

Where are you Mark? Tell Rob all about your new toy.(Bright yellow RAF Landi):D

Andy.

Welcome Rob,

its a great place this, about time we had a new RAF vehicle, to much army green stuff at moment!!

As Airportable says, I own a ex RAF 90, bright yellow, was used at RAF Shawbury, if you go on my fotopic site there are several pictures of her.

Yellow landys usually were used by gliding sqn's initially.

All the best

Mark