WW1 German DAAF truck discovery in the UK

I was told DAAF but DAAG seems more likely. Might have been slip of the fingers on the keyboard there.

The chassis needs a new home or it might get chopped. Not sure if this was the one mentioned in Automobile. It could well have been. Do you have a scan of it?

Now you wouldn't be trying to get me into trouble now, would you?

The report just shows a close-up of the back wheel (six spoke, cast iron, red colour, no tyres); and a hint of a very similar green wooden structure on top.

It goes on to say: DAAG built commercials from 1910 until 1929, after which the factory was taken over by Krupp. The low-level coach chassis of 1925 featured separate drive shafts to each rear wheel (as on the earlier twin-shaft Austin) and this chassis has the remains of the same feature.

Your pictures appear to show only the front wheels/axle. Do you have any of the rear? If it's one and the same chassis then it doesn't sound military/WW1.

Get you into trouble Alan? Perish the thought.

It probably is the same truck, and it is almost cetainly a DAAG and not a DAAF. You say that the chassis has the remains of seperate drive shafts to each rear wheel. I can not see that, although it does look like it has locations for Jackshafts so i would think that it was chain drive. is the basis for your argument that it is not military because it appears to fit the description of the 1925 coach?

• 1 year later...
Blimey, that's a heck of a price. And over 1900 views as well. Hopefully this will go back home?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-1911-DAAG-Lorry-Chassis-/320875476927?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4ab5ab37bf

What my home!!!!! Oh you mean Raatingen. Yes, that would be the best bet. I hope the new buyer has a complete truck/bus already but with a rotten chassis. Anybody else is going to have a hard time of it.

• 8 years later...