Rush Green Motors on fire

brianthesnail96

Spent many happy hours getting lost in there, after getting in on the pretence of wanting some particular part or other, knowing full well that when I found "it" it would be far too expensive, so "it" just got left by the owners office door.

Never put all your eggs in one basket! Quite a few collections have been lost in fires like this, I just hope at least the 100 tonner is ok, it is on my must see list..

Having seen the Showmans engine "Renown" after it was destroyed by fire, and back on the rally fields, as good as ever, I doubt the 100 Tonner couldn't be rebuilt if the will exists, however badly the fire has damaged it.

Edited by antarmike

Having seen the Sowmans engine "Renown" after it was destroyed by fire, and back on the rally fields, as good as ever, I doubt the 100 Tonner couldn't be rebuilt if the will exists, however badly the fire has damaged it.

I know the engine in question but given that it's probably worth in excess of £100,000 in restored condition it's no wonder the effort was put in to restore it after the fire.

Although the Scammell 100 tonner is undoubtedly rare would it's final value be enough to persuade anyone it's worth restoring?

All speculation I suppose as no-one is yet aware of it's condition or even if it has been damaged how severely.

I know the engine in question but given that it's probably worth in excess of £100,000 in restored condition it's no wonder the effort was put in to restore it after the fire.

Although the Scammell 100 tonner is undoubtedly rare would it's final value be enough to persuade anyone it's worth restoring?

All speculation I suppose as no-one is yet aware of it's condition or even if it has been damaged how severely.

I kmow in the late 80's Roger Austen offered Rush green £50,000 for the 100 tonner, and they told him to piss off and don't come back unless he was prepared to make a sensible offer. They probably think 100 tonner is worth well over £100,000.

I would have thought £100,000 was grossly undervaluing Renown.

More like £500,000 for Renown ! Lord Lacelles sold for £600,000 a couple of years ago.

More like £500,000 for Renown ! Lord Lacelles sold for £600,000 a couple of years ago.

Crikey I knew the showmans engines were worth a bit but didn't think they were up at those levels. May even have to scratch one off my lottery win purchase list.

Wonder how much the late Mr Dibnahs old traction engine will make at Cheffins auction next month?

Edited by Stormin
Realised it's the engine not roller for sale!

There are some fantastic photos of the second, and possibly now lost, Scammell 100 Tonner (BLH 21) on this site.. http://www.quietwomansrow.moonfruit.com/#/pickfords-heavy-haulage/4541292307

There are also some nice period pictures of the Wynns Pacifics, Diamond Ts and Scammells in action on this page of the same site.. http://www.quietwomansrow.moonfruit.com/#/new-wynns-transport/4541333746

I called in earlier this week looking for a power steering pump.

Here are a few pics I took.

The Antar is still there, but looks very sad.

We saw a couple of 101s

An interesting all wheel drive snow blower.

And a Foden LMLC.

He did have an RR220 engine with a power steering pump but it looked in poor condition and he wanted far toooooo much for it. The serch goes on!

We spoke to 1 of the guys working there, and he said the 100tonner is ok it was in another shed. It was mainly tools and tyres that went up, with a couple of trucks they had prepared for sale.

DSC02302.jpg

DSC02305.jpg

DSC02325.jpg

DSC02326.jpg

We spoke to 1 of the guys working there, and he said the 100tonner is ok it was in another shed.

That's excellent news.

Lets hope someone will take it on who can look after it and maybe get it back on the road, or at least show it occasionally.

I read somewhere that Rush Green had refused an offer of £50,000 for it as they think it's worth much more than that!! :nut:

I fear it might be sitting there for a while!