Saracen alive and kicking again!.....

oily

:cool2::-D:cool2::-D:cool2::-D:cool2::drive:GOOD NEWS!!!!!! My Saracen is up and running again!, and seems to be behaving itself. looks like it's got over it's brief period of incontinence too, the leek-stopper fluid seems to have worked in the flywheel. The brakes and steering are pin-sharp (ok, so it might be a BIG FAT pin!!!!), gears change beautifully, so everything looks ok, for the time being...... gonna renew my breakdown cover, and go out for a spin tomorrow, to the local car-wash:-D

NICE ONE Oily !! Going for the hot wax & wheel scrub too ? :D How does the computer on the car wash recognise the extra set of wheels ?......or maybe it's the local Polish hand wash team? :cool2:

Seems Saracens are like West Highland White Terriers....the older they get the grumpier they get. Love em both though.:-)

H

So it was the flywheel oil? Not the gearbox, thank goodness.

All you have to do now is put petrol in it.

Was your saracen one of the really early ones that erm.... landed on D-Day? Cos some did honest, probably. If so you can take it and have some fun at A&E!!!!

Well done for sorting the old girl out

Paul

well they didn't land on the beaches as Saracens, 'per se',..... maybe some of their components, (on a molecular basis, at least!) was around then, made it back here and were melted down to make 'new' armour plate... The 1st saracens 'in service', were back in 1952,:readbook: somewhat later than D-Day, surely you are mistaken?.....:nono:

So it was the flywheel oil? Not the gearbox, thank goodness.

All you have to do now is put petrol in it.

Was your saracen one of the really early ones that erm.... landed on D-Day? Cos some did honest, probably. If so you can take it and have some fun at A&E!!!!

Well done for sorting the old girl out

Paul

I've been so engrossed with fixing it, my road-legal buggy (no windows/doors/roof/heater.....-everyday car!), gardening, D.I.Y., work, and housework, (Nikki, -my gorgeous (and very understanding) partner, is currently slowly recovering from a nasty dose of pnuemonia:blush:)....-what is A&E?, I thought it was something to do with them hospital places.

yeah, only joking, just wondered what desperate lengths one could go to in order to join in at A & E with a lowly post war vehicle.

Molecular level eh?........... just maybe

!!!! the cheek of it! .... a 'lowly' post war vehicle, indeed!......The 1st 'purpose designed'

Armoured Personnel Carrier, of the British Army... not lowly by any means, -look how long they were 'in service':saluting: for,...... 1952, all the way to 1994 !!! 42years!(last MOD use, to my knowledge, was with RAF Regiment, on Airfield Defence duties):readbook:

• 2 weeks later...
:cool2::-D:cool2::-D:cool2::-D:cool2::drive:GOOD NEWS!!!!!! My Saracen is up and running again!, and seems to be behaving itself. looks like it's got over it's brief period of incontinence too, the leek-stopper fluid seems to have worked in the flywheel. The brakes and steering are pin-sharp (ok, so it might be a BIG FAT pin!!!!), gears change beautifully, so everything looks ok, for the time being...... gonna renew my breakdown cover, and go out for a spin tomorrow, to the local car-wash:-D

Could you tell me what the leak-stopper product was? I have a leak on the flywheel when in use but not at a standstill and that sounds like a good solution until I fot the new flywheel I have?

cheers

Mark

!!!! the cheek of it! .... a 'lowly' post war vehicle, indeed!......The 1st 'purpose designed'

Armoured Personnel Carrier, of the British Army... not lowly by any means, -look how long they were 'in service':saluting: for,...... 1952, all the way to 1994 !!! 42years!(last MOD use, to my knowledge, was with RAF Regiment, on Airfield Defence duties):readbook:

With all due respect to the Saracen, I think that says more about the MOD's procurement policy than it does about the vehicle!

With all due respect to the Saracen, I think that says more about the MOD's procurement policy than it does about the vehicle!

Forgive me but weren't the humber Pig APC's recalled and upgraded because of issues with the Sari in the 50's??

Don't get me wrong I have always loved the Saracen, but the more I read the more I want to walk away.....So I bought it's leveller and the father it wanted to be...The PIG.......At least they share the same snout! :-\ LOL