Technical reports questions

pzluchs

Gentlemen!

I have copy from few old British FVRDE technical reports. But... English isn't my native language and I can't understand any places in text. What is this - gradient 1 to 4 or to 5? Concrete test? What difference between "A" and "B" vehicles?

Without seeing the document it is difficult to answer you but the gradient , I imagine , would be similar to the old type of signs used in this country to warn of steep gradients, for example 1 in 4 or 1 in 5. These have now been replaced by signs showing gradient as 25% or 20%.

Perhaps Clive (FV1609) may have a copy of this document and will be able to answer your questions when he comes on the forum.

Without seeing the document it is difficult to answer you but the gradient , I imagine , would be similar to the old type of signs used in this country to warn of steep gradients, for example 1 in 4 or 1 in 5. These have now been replaced by signs showing gradient as 25% or 20%.

Perhaps Clive (FV1609) may have a copy of this document and will be able to answer your questions when he comes on the forum.

Gradient was 1 foot rise in 4 foot lateral ie 1 :25 so as Degsey says, just convert to percentage.

Gentlemen!

I have copy from few old British FVRDE technical reports. But... English isn't my native language and I can't understand any places in text. What is this - gradient 1 to 4 or to 5? Concrete test? What difference between "A" and "B" vehicles?

A for armour, B for softskin, C for plant, D for loading equipment etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi pzluchs.

Concrete test: is the surface on which the wheels of the vehicle are climbing or desending.

The hill to the right has Armoured steel tracked grip.( for tank test ).

Hope this is of help.

scan00092.jpg

slopes.jpg

007.JPG

Clive

protruckservices.com

Edited by protruck