SAS Range Rovers

paw

Hi all,

I have a pair of ex 22reg SAS Range Rovers (1993/1195). They have the norm stuff (full roll cages, map lights, odd holes and brackets etc)

But I'm trying to find out more info on them.... Any one have any ?

Thanks

Paul

Hi Tony,

Mine have both got full LR chassis number and I have spoken to LR on them and they were both Special Vehicle build. I have confirmed via MERLIN that there were 22reg and both part of batch (6 for the 1993 / 2 for the 1995).

What did yours have and do you have details (Mil reg etc), as so far I have details of 15.

Regards

Paul

Hi Tony,

Mine have both got full LR chassis number and I have spoken to LR on them and they were both Special Vehicle build. I have confirmed via MERLIN that there were 22reg and both part of batch (6 for the 1993 / 2 for the 1995).

What did yours have and do you have details (Mil reg etc), as so far I have details of 15.

Regards

Paul

Mine was a black, yes , black from new. Two door LHD automatic. She probably worked in Berlin, not nessacarially originally with the SAS as such. The vehicle came up for diposal due the engine being worn out. Now the intresting part. A brand new V8 LDV in Northern Ireland was sent out sent out to to a suspect device. It found the device, and all that came back was the engine! Thiswas subsequently fitted to the two door as an off ticket jolly mobile.

The vehicle then came via Hereford to a civillina consultant. He worked it to death and offered ti to me for £100. The engine was is superb nick, the rest was a heap of ****. I didn't want it but knew a friend who'd be intrested in the engine. Rather than scrap it the vehicle was made roadworthy, though cosmetically a mess. she was used for a couple of years as a hack wagon then I aquired it meaning to restore. It never happned and the vehicle went on to be used as a tow truck, I have lost track of it now.

• 3 years later...
Hi Tony,

Regards

Paul

Hello Paul

I have just acquired one of the 1993 batch with Merlin paperwork and original Special vehicle plate with Military reg on

the slam panel.

will post a picture or two shortly, do you have the list of registrations?

regards

Steve

MaccDT

A couple of years ago I was in a mates SAS range rover on our way to a landy show up north, we were over taken by a couple of lorries which sucked the car trailer behind us out of shape and flicked us over with a 2a gunship with a 106 recoilless rifle on the trailer blocking the M1 in rush hour. I think I have a photo of that somewhere