Withams Tender

Big Al

We had a little bid on an RB44 which didn't look to bad we don't expect to win it as the bid was quite conservative and it had a bit of accident damage, but still looked to be in good overall condition.

Good luck. I got my Bedford MJ from Whithams with what I thought was a very low bid. Don't pay any attention to the guide prices. Think you may be surprised as there were quite a few RB44's in this time so the competing bids will no doubt be spread around a bit.

Did you bid online? If so the system won't let you bid below the reserve which tends to be around scrap metal value, so a good chance you may win it.

We had a little bid on an RB44 which didn't look to bad we don't expect to win it as the bid was quite conservative and it had a bit of accident damage, but still looked to be in good overall condition.

That looks like fresh damage. They don't give a toss at Withams. :undecided:

Loggydriver if I had seen this thread before I visited Withams, I would of taken more photographs. I sat in the very same drops, and it was pretty clean and tidy compared to the others. Was a little funny to find an oat meal block behind the seat, god knows how long that’s been hiding.

If I go back ill get a few photos.

Ollie

Hello Ollie,

Yes, she was a good truck. Ran very well. Might even have had a new engine in it by now as the last time I drove that truck was in July 2001. Here is a picture of me standing by the truck! I was in charge of all my Troops vehicles, ensuring servicing, vehicle availability etc. This photo was taken at the Bletchley Park Show in July 2001. I organised the supply and display of the DROPS and the Wolf TUL from my Squadron for the show and these were my Troops vehicles. This DROPS was the best my Troop had. Happy days I can tell you. Brings back a lot of memories.

Andy

img294.jpg

They have dutch Land rovers, rarely available.

Jacksons have quite a number of these, are they jacksons old stock or are Withams whetting our appetite.

What are they worth??

I wouldn't pay more than £2000 for one but thats my opinion they did look unmolested and fairly tidy. Even the bulkheads looked good on the two that I viewed. The chassis had a thick coating of underseal which looked fairly fresh. That might be a good thing if it was done whilst they were still in storage but if its as recent as it looked a barge pole comes to mind.

Good luck. I got my Bedford MJ from Whithams with what I thought was a very low bid. Don't pay any attention to the guide prices. Think you may be surprised as there were quite a few RB44's in this time so the competing bids will no doubt be spread around a bit.

Did you bid online? If so the system won't let you bid below the reserve which tends to be around scrap metal value, so a good chance you may win it.

I did bid online I've been bitten before on low bids having nearly everyone accepted and at that time I nearly bid on an MJ which would have been o.k. for throwing all the bits in the back but it would have killed me on the pennies front. It was bad enough having to explain to the missus anyway it could have been a cold night and Christmas. Brrr

I did bid online I've been bitten before on low bids having nearly everyone accepted and at that time I nearly bid on an MJ which would have been o.k. for throwing all the bits in the back but it would have killed me on the pennies front. It was bad enough having to explain to the missus anyway it could have been a cold night and Christmas. Brrr

Errrmm, yes I can sympathise with this - I'm now the (not so) proud owner of 6 possibly knackered J60's..

Never mind - hopefully I'll get one decent one out of them !

Errrmm, yes I can sympathise with this - I'm now the (not so) proud owner of 6 possibly knackered J60's..

Never mind - hopefully I'll get one decent one out of them !

Join the club! I bought 3 last time. They all turn over ok, but have low compression. Should be easy to fix.

Chris.

We have won the RB44 quite surprised as usually they leave an answer phone message on Wednesday if we have won anything and to get the call this morning nicely surprised we have even got a days grace to pick it up on the 8th July.