Canadian Ferret in Georgia, USA.

Marines42

Hey gents, I thought I would share a picture of my 2nd Ferret which is a Canadian. It's an early model with the square side visors. I know that Canadian Ferrets were not generally ever seen with a Mk 2 turret, this one has one and from the look of it has been on it a LONG time. It also came with the plate to mount the Browning on the open top in Mk 1 configuration. It runs cleanly but has a few issues. Namely, it is missing the primary fuel tank, brakes are out at the moment, and the wiring is a complete and total mess. Other than that, she is pretty clean and well off. A good starting point anyhow. Debating on taking the turret off and putting the original mount in place instead. Enjoy.

Home visit 037.jpg

Home visit 036.jpg

Robin, sent you an email. Guys, I am leaning toward her original configuration but still don't know what to do about the fuel tank. I may have something fabricated locally to do the job. As far as that goes, I am not worried about harming the originality. The Canadians apparently did a lot of their own modding to it. Interestingly, the mounts on the escape hatches for seats or ammo cans have been ground off. That's a tad annoying but not the end of the world I suppose. On the plus side, since the interior is comparatively stripped, there is a lot of room to move around.

Robin, sent you an email. Guys, I am leaning toward her original configuration but still don't know what to do about the fuel tank. I may have something fabricated locally to do the job. As far as that goes, I am not worried about harming the originality. The Canadians apparently did a lot of their own modding to it. Interestingly, the mounts on the escape hatches for seats or ammo cans have been ground off. That's a tad annoying but not the end of the world I suppose. On the plus side, since the interior is comparatively stripped, there is a lot of room to move around.

I'd keep it the way the Canadians had it, complete with military markings and turret. Perhaps you can borrow an original fuel tank from someone and have a fabricator make a duplicate.