Trandum, Norway 2010

More than 100 vehicles turned out this time for the event. What makes this event a bit more exciting than other is that it's actually possible to drive the vehicles in the armys own training course. You can camp at a small field or do like some others, simply hide in the forest nearby. Some army bases are located nearby, as well as the Gardermoen airport. This year it was a lot of the three classic US vehicles Jeep, Dodge and GMC. But also a few german gems.

I've posted several thread from these events earlier and will now try to avoid posting the same photos of the same people in the same vehicles.

So here are my german friends!

test.jpg

IMG_8255.jpg

IMG_8245.jpg

IMG_8251.jpg

IMG_8273.jpg

IMG_8281.jpg

Marty

Edited by martylee

They are "leichte geländegängige EinheitsPersonenkraftwagen" (Le.gl.E.Pkw) made by Stoewer. BMW and Hanomag also made these. The one on the left is a four wheel steer version. I do belive it's a 1939. The one on the right side is regular two wheel steer and a later model. There's also an Hanomag produced vehicle in my neighbourhood. These were usually equipped for radio and line tasks.

The truck is of course the 1,5t Opel Blitz.

Marty

I've got to book a holiday in Norway! What a fantastci place to live and have military vehicles.

It's a nice place to live! This meeting it's also one of the best. First of all it's 3 times a year, located central and you can drive as much as you want to.

Marty