Dauntless arrives in adopted port of Newcastle

No Signals

Here is the Dauntless type 45 Destroyer, I believe not yet 'HMS' but I suppose I could be wrong, arriving the other day up the Tyne for a few days stopover/legover(?)

I've read something about it having a seriously advanced radar capable of detecting something the size of a cricket ball travelling at mach 3, somewhat slightly better than my reactions in the presence of a cricket ball ever were :)

dauntless 003..jpg

dauntless 002..jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Its flying the White ensign, I thought only RN vessels where allowed to do that , so may be HMS now.Great pictures at Tyne mouth. must have taken them up near the Abbey. Sad that the yards are no longer builder our Navy. My family have built ships on the Tyne for generations.

Edited by agripper

• 1 month later...
Its flying the White ensign, I thought only RN vessels where allowed to do that , so may be HMS now.Great pictures at Tyne mouth. must have taken them up near the Abbey. Sad that the yards are no longer builder our Navy. My family have built ships on the Tyne for generations.

Came across Dauntless, now 'HMS', again a couple of weeks back whilst going out from Portsmouth. In the earlier pics it seems it wasnt commisioned so I'm not sure regarding the ensign bit.

http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/DefenceNews/EquipmentAndLogistics/HmsDauntlessCommissionedIntoFleet.htm

Yes the first pics were taken from my window at Tynemouth. Usually just the Nissan car transporter ships to see so it was an interesting visitor.

pencil.png

dauntless guzz.jpg