WW2 Jeep survivors

G506

Its strange the things I lay awake at night worrying about.............

Does anyone know roughly how many MBs and GPWs still exist worldwide? Restored, unrestored, whatever, any thoughts?

I should be down the pub really

Yes, that was a good answer :D

If you ever get a sensible figure, it would be interesting to work out what percentage it is of the total number built.

Which could lead to another question - What vehicle type has the greatest proportion of survivors?

Which could lead to another question - What vehicle type has the greatest proportion of survivors?

Probably something with a small production run. In my area of interest I would suggest Grizzly tank. 188 built and probably some 40 to 50 survivors. A little tenuous as it's a Canadian assembled Sherman and quite a few of those were built but it's the best I can do off the top of my head!

If you ever get a sensible figure, it would be interesting to work out what percentage it is of the total number built.

Good question NOS, isnt there more Pink Panther Land Rovers now than were actually built?

Good point, I'm sure there are more 'wartime' Jeeps now than there were 10 years ago......

I think you're right there Adrian, quite a few alleged ww2 jeeps with a particularly high percentage of French parts, but perhaps also partly because of the increase in jeep value, more are being restored that perhaps would only have been used for parts donor vehicles before

Its strange the things I lay awake at night worrying about.............

Does anyone know roughly how many MBs and GPWs still exist worldwide? Restored, unrestored, whatever, any thoughts?

I should be down the pub really

you should be in the shed working!:D