Ferret wheel wobble

pigdog

I have some Hylomar that I use on the Harleys when I do an oil change. I will remove the job card and just use the Hylomar then. I want to remove the brake hub to look at the brakes, then put it back together. It makes me a little nervous with the wheel off and on jacks living in an earthquake zone.

If I decide to take apart the steering can new seals/parts be bought for them or does one have to make new ones?

Thanks for all the help and advice.

-Chris

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used Red Hermetite on mine, you used to be able to buy it in Halfrauds (before they switched to only selling bling for chav motors) but Hermetite stopped making it so Hylomar now market it instead.

John,

Red Hermetite is still available, it is made by ICI Paints under their Hammerite branding. There used to be another red called Stag, which was supplied to MoD, excellent for sealing threads and core plugs. Red Hermetite is available in plastic bottles now, and much more easier to use and less waste.

Hylomar Red is Hylomar's own version.