Hi there... Issy

Issy

Just thought i would say hello, ive kind of stumbled on this site by accident whilst looking for a possible answer to a war grave i came across , i took a photo of it because mainly it has a surname that appears in my family, however strangley enough when i took it i never registered the fact that it contained two soldiers Mountford and Rogers ! both in one grave and one headstone.

I was very surprised when i found the same question being asked on this site :D so ive now made it a bit of a quest to try and find out more, its nice to know that there are like minded people out there who go out snapping photos of graves make me feel quite normal !!! although i didnt manage to take photos of them all i did take a few, well you never know there may be someone out there who may want a pic of a family members last resting place !

Right ill have a look around the site to see what else goes on.

Bye

Issy

Hi Issy, the war graves thread is a sort of labour of love. The grave is a starting place to find out more about the individual and the circumstances where they died. The burial of one or more bodies is usually associated with Triple alliance or Axis casualties. The probable reason for the two bodies buried together is that the remains were found together but though both can be identified, the individual can not.

Cheers Guys for the welcome , i'm on a mission to find out more about one of the soldiers and need to do a bit more conclusive research, but if i have it right, James had a couple of sisters so if i can trace what happened to them something may show up as to perhaps why the men were buried together, bit of trawling through the archive newspapers may be in order i think .. i've even wondered if they were perhaps cousins or it was some sort of pals pact ? as you can tell i have a very inquisitive and vivid imagination :-D:-D

Issy

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the warning, however i'm afraid i caught the infection ages ago :D and although i have looked for a cure for it, it seems there is nothing out there to stop it hehe :D i'll just have to try and blend in good job i like green !

Issy

Thanks Issah for the welcome, do have to admit though i dont know a great deal about the workings of or restoration of the mechanical vehicle , as long as i turn the key and it starts i'm happy !!:D

Issy