Swiss Bicycle Troops

abn deuce

Ah yes how to have an MV and not have to worry about fuel costs and all other ancillary costs.

As they state in the clip they have been used all over the world and some have long service records.

Quite interesting and no doubt easily forgotten for the more glamorous motorised form.

Out of interest has anybody actually got an ex-military push bike?

Mike

Ah yes how to have an MV and not have to worry about fuel costs and all other ancillary costs.

As they state in the clip they have been used all over the world and some have long service records.

Quite interesting and no doubt easily forgotten for the more glamorous motorised form.

Mike

I am sure that there were a lot of these at Beltring for sale the last few years.

Ashley

BSA folding airborne biycyles are quite numerous and the bigger solid frame Infantary bikes. A lot were taken over on D-Day, and promptly dumped! The locals thought Christmas had come early and grabbed all they could.

You still see a few in daily use. My folder was used for many years by its original owner to get to work.

Yes, I have a pre-WW2 Dutch bike. It is unrestored and I have used it at Beltring and Normandy to get around places.

The Dutch Bicycle Infantry units were quite succesfull in 1940. They were able to move swiftly and silently. I can see why the Swiss still see a requirement for them.

Hanno

109b..jpg

Edited by mcspool