Charlie1

Charlie1

Just a quick hello from new member Charlie1, from the West Midlands in England.

I blame Airfix for a love all military machines from WW2 on.

No military service (almost RAF but careers officer at school talked me into tool making instead..... I'll never forgive him).

Welcome Charlie 1 Nice to have you here , as said above ownership not required , you already have the needed item to join , an interest in militaria aka the Green Disease it starts with sneeking off to read a book on obscure military hardware and once in a while thumbing through the hobby magazine at the news stand now and then . then it gets more serious with the buying and building of scale models in the more advanced stage the scale models drop from 1/78 to 1/16 and finally 1:1 so its only a matter of time how fast and how severe you condition gets .

Welcome chum,

quite peverse really, I just finshed reading "The Boys Book of Airfix" by Arthur Ward, the lower part of the cover says "Who says you ever have to grow up".

I think that sums most of us on this forum up quite well.

I guess I should say thanks to my best mate Andrew and my god daughter for buying that for my birthday last month.

R

• 2 months later...
Hi Charlie 1, welcome. Funny I started off on Airfix as well, always German tanks.

Andy.

you aint the only one mate, I think everybody did Airfix when they were growing up!!

Welcome Charlie 1 to this friendly forum. What you need is a Landrover to start you off, then it all goes downhill from there!!

Mark

Welcome aboard Charlie 1 - this is the Friendly Forum.

Yep, I never saw MVs in London (other than Royal Navy lorries) so model kits were the order of the day. I can remember sprinting down Green Lanes to the toy shop near Haringey dog track to get the new Panzer IV kit. Blimey, what year was that? My favourite will always be the 88mm and half-track. I got my first one from Woolworths in Stoke Newington in about 1971. Happy days....

Hi Charlie 1, welcome. Funny I started off on Airfix as well, always German tanks.

Andy.