Calling all Saracen, Pig & Stolly owners

RecyMech

Hi Gents,

Just a thought here...I don't know of any of you B Series petrol heads are also model makers ? or maybe fancy a model of your Saracen Mk5/6, Mk2 Humber Pig, or Mk2 Stolly ?....in a decent scale though not the usual 1/35th.

But if anyone is interested please have a quick shuftie at our range of present & future kits. They may be more expensive than the 1/35th stuff from the likes of Accurate Armour I grant you...but the detail is something else. These are 1/24th scale (half inch to the foot).

Go to http://www.kitformservices.com then click on TQ Range in the left side menu. The military stuff is right at the top of the TQ page. Contact details are up on the site also.

Stolly Mk2 & Saracen 5/6 are in stock now

Humber Pig is in the casting phase

FV623/624 crane version is in the master pattern stage, as is the Bedford MK

Saladin coming up in the summer & Ferret later in the year

AEC Matador first off the blocks next year.

Best regards all.......Howard @ KFS (RecyMech)

Fair point Neil, fair point :-D

But the model won't snap a half shaft & leave you stranded needing a low loader....or cost much to fill up at the pumps.....& you dont have to go outside to admire your handywork :cool2:

Hope you enjoy building the Stolly up, should be a tad easier than hanging upside down in the engine bay of Little Maud mate.

Later....Howard

Certainly did: I towed it behind my Bedford RL recovery (max towed load 3 tons......) round the Horseshoe Pass, at one point up a 1 in 6 hill, pretty well all the way in low ratio. Trip done between Christmas and New year, temperature was from -6 to -2. Now the RL has no heater so for part of the way, we had the engine cover in the cab propped up so as not to freeze to death. Ran out of petrol on an uphill sharp bend, stalled the engine and then the starter dog stuck in the flywheel ring gear while across a road junction and on the M 54 Motorway (30 mph, RL racing its nuts off) the 'beret' over the anti aircraft hatch blew off and could not stop to put it back on for about 10 miles. Not certain Pig was squealing, I think so but it might have been me and no 1 son squealing immediately prior to dying of exposure!

Got it from Ian McGreggor who imported all of the Grizzlies and most of the Sextons you see around.

Happy days!

Certainly did: I towed it behind my Bedford RL recovery (max towed load 3 tons......) round the Horseshoe Pass, at one point up a 1 in 6 hill, pretty well all the way in low ratio. Trip done between Christmas and New year, temperature was from -6 to -2. Now the RL has no heater so for part of the way, we had the engine cover in the cab propped up so as not to freeze to death. Ran out of petrol on an uphill sharp bend, stalled the engine and then the starter dog stuck in the flywheel ring gear while across a road junction and on the M 54 Motorway (30 mph, RL racing its nuts off) the 'beret' over the anti aircraft hatch blew off and could not stop to put it back on for about 10 miles. Not certain Pig was squealing, I think so but it might have been me and no 1 son squealing immediately prior to dying of exposure!

Got it from Ian McGreggor who imported all of the Grizzlies and most of the Sextons you see around.

Happy days!

:rofl: That sounds Hilliarious! But Ill bet you didnt think so at the time!

I once had no choice but to tow my dead Saladin (That I had at the time) with a 1 ton Austin Radio truck!

She didnt like it, but in low did a good job of getting it half a mile up the road to a Farm where I had storage. No brakes on the saladin! (Or power steering!) Cranking that handbrake back & forth to wind on the brakes mechanically as we started to roll downhill. I could see the gun barrel getting VERY uncomfortably close to the radio box body backdoor! sweating a bit as the 1 Ton was a Mates!

trouser filling time to say the least! :wow: I feel your pain!

Mike.