T55

LoggyDriver

Are you sure about the .50 cal being on all the vehicles?

Looking at the time frame of around 2 min's 15 sec's the weapon on the turret looks like what it should be - a 12.7mm DShKM heavy machine gun. Admittedly the picture is partially obscured by dust but the end of the muzzle would appear to match the DShKM's profile? The breech shot at 4 min's 14'secs does not look like the DShKM though and more like the .50

Bore evacuator position on the main gun does look right for the L7 - the normal Soviet D10T had it almost at the end of the barrel.

The tank in the movie is an Israeli modification of a captured Soviet T55, re-designated as the Ti-67. It's fitted with the 105mm main gun instead of the stock 100mm gun. Many of these conversions were used in the 1973 war against Egypt. The tanks were purchased from IDF officers by the director of the film over drinks in a Tel Aviv hotel. The machine gun was actually an M2 Browning .50 dressed up to look like DShK. Spot on Bazz

Info courtesy of Wikipedia.

The tank in the movie is an Israeli modification of a captured Soviet T55, re-designated as the Ti-67. It's fitted with the 105mm main gun instead of the stock 100mm gun. Many of these conversions were used in the 1973 war against Egypt. The tanks were purchased from IDF officers by the director of the film over drinks in a Tel Aviv hotel. The machine gun was actually an M2 Browning .50 dressed up to look like DShK. Spot on Bazz

Info courtesy of Wikipedia.

Thanks for the explanation - it means I wasn't seeing things after all!!! :-) :-)

I'm always impressed by the depth of knowledge you guys have on this forum...:wow:

You have eyes like a hawk Neil...:cool2:

Would that it were so!! :-)

Sadly more a case of vestigial memory - I spent a long while sorting out the main weaponry for the OT looking at Soviet heavy M/G's and the DShKM's muzzle has a distinctive profile!!!

A tea bag?

Interesting looking film though (albeit a bit harrowing)... never seen it... is it available?

Amazon are showing stock in this film. Highly Recommended!!! Ah, the tank crush scene, classic!!:cool2:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0000E3HJ6/sr=1-1/qid=1267645000/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1267645000&sr=1-1&seller=

Lewis Garner

T62?

Bazz

Yep, a T62 I would say.

Thought that might be expected.

When I first saw it I thought a Chinese T69-2 fitted with a 100mm smooth bore similiar to soviet U5T of the T62, possibly an ex ROF trials vehicle (used to develop the 105mm package), exotic I thought however after getting permission to examine it more closely it turned out to be a standard T55 the fume extractor had been dislodged by a missile.

Just shows how easy it is to see something that isn't there.