Guy FBAX 3/5 ton

Bob Grundy

I post this works photo of the Guy FBAX as I am curious to find out what became of one.

In about 1986 I travelled down to Poole in Dorset to view one of these that was for sale.

The chap who owned it was to say the least a bit off hand, I do not recall his name.

Would anyone know anything about the vehicle, it was parked up towards a chain link

fence in the open.

Fbay.jpg

Sorry i dont know, but what a great looking lorry. I always find it very strange how some people who put these things up for sale are so miserable. dont know much about customer service (as if i care), but i wont buy anything from someone who is rude - unless of course it is something that i really need and have no alternative seller.

Tim

In about 1986 I travelled down to Poole in Dorset to view one of these that was for sale.

The chap who owned it was to say the least a bit off hand, I do not recall his name.

Bob,

I think this may have been a chap called Mick Gates, he died a few years back and a lot of his vehicles had to be cleared from a premises. Pete Gaine rang me about a Guy which was there and was I interested, but it was apparantly in a very delicate condition. Not sure of its fate, but worth talking to Pete. Actually, I thought he said it was a Gantry body, the one you show is the Machinery body. Memory not as good as it was ...