Hi, my name's Ken and I'm from Stoke.

kendrick180

Thanks everyone for your warm welcome.

welcome Ken is that an lpg conversion or am i seeing things that petrol tank looks round!

Funny most of 12 Regt fitters wouldnt touch a 101 as a personal veh I loved mine but then I didnt need to fix them.

Was that 12 Reg RA Morris?

Closest I got to the Artillery was supporting 8 Reg RCT who provided logistics for 5 Heavy Artillery Regiment (MLRS).

Anyway thats off topic :laugh:

The cylinder is a 90l LPG tank. Unfortunately I sold this 101GS to my mate Dave who has been hit by a drunk driver. Chassis twisted a very tiny bit and insurance wanted to write it off so Dave withdrew the claim to save the GS. Pissed up idiot got away with a ban - probably driving again now - not the same car though:-D

• 1 month later...
Hello All, my name's Ken and I'm from Stoke-on-Trent.

I did 7 years in the REME '89-'96.

I briefly owned and used a Land Rover 101FC until a couple of years ago and now I'm craving for another.

That'll do for now me thinks.

It's good to be here and thanks for having me.

Ken

Hi, I am ex-REME and also from Stoke........ are you involved with the MVT in the North Staffs Area?

We have got a fantastic collection of vehicles.

Ray.:cool2: You would be made very welcome should you be interested. We meet once a month. ooooooooo

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22219[/ATTACH]

pencil.png

The North Staffs Area of the MVT meets on the last Thursday of the month...... except December. We attend many shows here in the UK and we travel abroad at least twice a year. ( Holland and France.) We now have something like 50+ green machines, from motorcycles to some very nice armoured stuff (Light armour, Halftracks, Bren Gun Carriers etc.):cool2: