funny stories

desperatedes

just thought i would start a little thread many of you must have a funny story you can recall from the mv world or similar.mine goes back to the early nineties i was working for a small transport company and doing drops all over the south in a 7.5 tonner. this particular day i had done a few deliveries and my next one was somewhere in southampton.the docks it turned out to be.on arrival security checked my delivery notes and told me to proceed along the dockside to the end.i drove in its quite narrow in places and pulled up directly behind a vehicle in front of me.An army lorry i remember in a shade of desert sand as you can imagine pulling up so close behind it i only had use of my peripheral vision as it were.we didnt move for ages but crept along very slowly i could just see the mirrors of another lorry that had pulled up directly behind me.we crept along a bit more and a bit more .eventually we had to drive over some metal ramps of some sort.i thought at the time must be covering a hole in the road or something.it then sloped up more and it was at that moment i let the lorry in front pull away more.i now realised i was on the narrow loading ramp to a ship i couldnt do a u turn i jumped out .in front of me was the ship full of sand bedfords and behind me 20 more.shall we say a chap monitoring the loading came over and said what the f*** are you doing here .err following the road .after alot of arm waving i eventually had to go forward and do a 3 point turn on the ship and drive off and squeeze literally past the line of bedfords waiting to board.i didnt realise or think about it at the time but later realised i was about to go on a free trip to the gulf!.at the height of hostilities. shame i could of done with a bit of sun. please feel free to add your own story we need some amusement.

I remember the time someone melted the tyres on the Humber armoured car, taking it down to dover for the bethune run, cos they towed it at 60 odd miles an hour. And someone setting fire to their face using a full jerry can to prime the carbs on said MV!!!