CVRW FOX manufacture date

tankdiver

Hi guys

wonder if anyone can help me find the year of manufacture of my CVRW FOX it was registered 1/11/1973.

If it was manufactured before 1/1/73 it would be TAX EXEMPT. The data plate is on the vehicle ,and its reg no is 08 FD 67

:angel:

Laurence,

According to Col George Forty, in his book "The Scorpion family", the first production Fox was completed by ROF in May 1973

thanks Richard but I am informed that it is possible that the Fox was manufactured 12 mths before the regestration date. I need hard evidence to satisfy DVLA

Laurence

Laurence,

I think that all you may get from the vehicle card at the Tank Museum, is DIS ; Date into Service. This date might be sometime after build date. The same book states that they first entered service in 1975, 1st RTR at Tidworth.

think I might pop down to the museum thanks Laurence

t

I have the records for 08FD58, DIS 26-06-73, from the Tank Museum archives (pic 16 in photo album). I believe the manufacture date would have been available from the Royal Ordinance Factory archives which is no more. If you have any luck with a manufacture date I'd love to know.

Martin.

Laurence,

I think that all you may get from the vehicle card at the Tank Museum, is DIS ; Date into Service. This date might be sometime after build date. The same book states that they first entered service in 1975, 1st RTR at Tidworth.

Any that went to 1RTR will then have belonged to A Sqn 15/19H who took over from 1RTR at Aliwal Bks, Tidworth in May 1976.