Battle of the bulge

cpltomo

Just watch it on tv. Forgot how bad it was using patton tanks as germen tigers and us half tracks as german ones.:angry

I know it was made in 1960's but could they not find anything better than that also not one sherman in sight.

Does my head in why dont film companys put some effort into getting it right.

quick rant over going back to my corner witha big bottle of whiskey for my man flu :beer:

Just watch it on tv. Forgot how bad it was using patton tanks as germen tigers and us half tracks as german ones.:angry

I know it was made in 1960's but could they not find anything better than that also not one sherman in sight.

Does my head in why dont film companys put some effort into getting it right.

quick rant over going back to my corner witha big bottle of whiskey for my man flu :beer:

I thought the POSTWAR M38 Jeeps & Jeeps fitted with POSTWAR one peiece glass windscreens were in poor tatse also!

Radio procedure from German 'Tank Commander' was total rubbish also!

NEVER give names out on the radio!

Is it just me, or do other members get annoyed at the lack of detail & incorrect stuff done for films? Vehicles, uniforms, weapons Etc, Etc.

If you dont have the correct gear, vehicles Etc, DONT include that in your film. :nono:

Put something ELSE in that IS correct. And a Bit more credible!

Rant, Rave, Swear Etc, Etc.............Am I sad or what?...:confused:

Mike. :coffee:

i have to agree with ferret fixer, it gets my goat when they dont use the correct vehicles or uniforms, i dont mind say if its a hotchkiss instead of a whillys, but to use american post war tanks instead of german war tanks, aaarrrggghhhh! :argh:

now youve got me started, im going to dust off the dvd collection and start looking, :-D but one i can think of, off top of my head is in the eagle has landed, when a german officer arrives in a hughes helicopter!!!

but its not just restricted to military movies, it annoys me with any period movie, like vehicles in the 60's era movies etc

this could be a good thread, wrong vehicles and uniforms in military movies!

i have to agree with ferret fixer, it gets my goat when they dont use the correct vehicles or uniforms, i dont mind say if its a hotchkiss instead of a whillys, but to use american post war tanks instead of german war tanks, aaarrrggghhhh! :argh:

now youve got me started, im going to dust off the dvd collection and start looking, :-D but one i can think of, off top of my head is in the eagle has landed, when a german officer arrives in a hughes helicopter!!!

but its not just restricted to military movies, it annoys me with any period movie, like vehicles in the 60's era movies etc

this could be a good thread, wrong vehicles and uniforms in military movies!

Probably better to continue "wrong vehicles for period in films" type posts in the "land rover in 633 squadron" thread where it first started.....

when this was made you had more chance of getting genuine napoleonic artillery pieces than genuine german ww11 kit because as we know so much was torched, shelled and demolished, that we are only now getting stuff left after the retreats from russia.

And as was said earleir spain offered a better deal, bloody accountants again.

The Italian Job (PROPER version of the film) on last night.:-D A Dodge WC64 Command Car, with headlights under the front mudgaurds, followed by a modified Greyhound armoured car with a water cannon. as for Guns of Navarone, what were the 15 cwt trucks? Fiat's? I'd love the little radio van out of that film. There were also various Alfa romeo feild cars in italian job.