Matilda on Rainham Marshes

Peter4456

I've looked through the Wheatcroft web site to see if there is any sign of the Matilda but without success, the other place mentioned is titled Musée des Blindés, Canons et instruments de Justice, Geneva, Switzerland which is another of those "Black Holes" for military stuff, it evidently no longer exists, but whether this is some sort of smoke screen I don't know.

Steve

Edited by steveo578
grammar

the other place mentioned is titled Musée des Blindés, Canons et instruments de Justice, Geneva, Switzerland which is another of those "Black Holes" for military stuff, it evidently no longer exists, but whether this is some sort of smoke screen I don't know.

I know that this one came back to the UK for a short time before leaving the country for sunnier climes.

Richard Farrant

............before leaving the country for sunnier climes

At the moment Switzerland is sunnier climes.

the littlefield collection Matilda is I think an ex Budge tank but I could be wrong.

I previously mentioned that a Grizzly went to Geneva, fairly certain it was once the Budge tank Anne or Annie, did it return?

Steve

Edited by steveo578
addition

I applied for the Budge sales list ohh... must have been back in 93 or something like that. I had a Sherman earmarked, but my dad put the kibosh on it due to space at the time. I can't be sure of the price when I phoned up, but it was something like £10000, oh what if.

I'll have to search my desk when I'm home again, I'll scan the list in for historical interest.

Richard Farrant

Not what I meant

Joke:)really, just didn't want to press for smilies:)

thought it could have been California hence the reply. But if near east means the one at latrun (Yad Shiryon) then it is not the Rainham tank as Yad Shiryon is ex Australian.

Steve

• 9 months later...
hardtarget ...but they told us the same story at Pirbright ranges..but that the window cleaner was killed in Chobham !

Must have been a really high quality propelant to kill at that sort of range, Rainham to Chobham:shocked:

and why are window cleaners always the victim of the Army :cool2:

Steve

Must have been a really high quality propelant to kill at that sort of range, Rainham to Chobham:shocked:

and why are window cleaners always the victim of the Army :cool2:

Steve

Yes Steve, must have been one of those "magic" bullets like what killed Kennedy ... ie able to move up and down....and left to right ! and map read !!! :cool2: