Night Photoshoot at NE Aircraft Museum 25th Nov

Jessie The Jeep

Cheers. This was my first time trying a night photoshoot on my DSLR. I'm fairly pleased with the results. NEAM are having a 'Battle of Bulge' event in December, so I'll have another go with the re-enactors. Last night, almost all the pictures were long exposures, resulting in all the people becoming ghosts.

I used to have a lot of fun in my mispent yoof doing nightshoots in grave yards (inevitable - see student snapper - the bleeding obvious vol IV) and of the many dumped cars in the urban eden I grew up in. I used to do long exposures and have someone fire off a flash gun by hand in the distance or from an angle to get odd lighting effects. They didn't always work.

The technique proved useful in the glory days of proper forest rallying in the early 1980s - travelling up from London to north Yorkshire or into Wales and southern Scotland. I got some great pix - but my mate and I usually saved the effects stuff for the back markers. I think using a DSLR the way I do has made me lazy. I'm happy with the pix - I still work hard at it (does it ever show? Dunno), but the willingness to muck about and experiment has faded. The devil is time. The four letter word. If I had more of it, I think I'd go to photography school and learn it all properly. It's never too late. Meantime I am in editing school. What did my maths teacher, Mr Pallister from Penrith, always say? Could do better - see me.

Nothing changes...