What is in the background?

agripper

Are these actually for sale? Or part of Withams "pension fund"???? :)

Found this on the Withams tender site:

259 RARE Chieftan Mk10 MBT with 120mm main armamentwhich will be deactivated to current specs should this be required or can be sold to a licence holder. Direct from WMR and with CES.800 miles.Viewing Recommended.

Registration Number: 79 MS 94

Around the £20,000 MARK....

Edited by ArtistsRifles

Dont know if he still has it but there was a T34 parked around the back of the hanger sheeted upbut with an attempt to attatch rubber to teh tracks. He offered me a Green Pink panther years back for a very fair price but bought a Ferret instead. If only I had got the Pinky!

Dont know if he still has it but there was a T34 parked around the back of the hanger sheeted upbut with an attempt to attatch rubber to teh tracks. He offered me a Green Pink panther years back for a very fair price but bought a Ferret instead. If only I had got the Pinky!

Damn right - a Green one would have been on the books of 21 or- possibly - 23 and thus in the rarity stakes.... :):):)

I was up at Withams today viewing the tender. At the back there were 8 cheiftains in a line all covered in tarps. You don't see that in many places now. There were also more over the far back. Three ferrets were there too, 1 being a big wheeled type with floatation screen. All 3 are in poor cosmetic condition, with the tin work badly eaten by the rust worm.

• 2 weeks later...
I can see why people are thinking its a chally, at the end of the chieftan days they developed a slab armour kit called still brew. They barely put it on as it was for war use only. basically it increased the weight still further and the K60 powerepack was under even more strain

I am certain a K60 pack would be under a lot of strain in any Chieftain think you meant L60 !

ISTR reading on the ARRSE RAC Forum that when in the mid-80s the army realised what (IIRC) Iranians and Iraqis were doing to one-another's tanks, including Chieftains and T72s, the heavy side of the RAC suddenly became very uneasy about the invulnerability of Chieftain in the face of soviet armour.

Stillbrew was not as well received (because of the problems that came with it) as CR1 was.

hi does this mean that the chieftian 2000 is a non runner please forgive me im a little confused ! the vehicle on the tender is now at 13 something grand in other words some one is going to potentialy spend 13 thousand on a vehicle that doesnt run ????? or is it just the other mk 10 mbts that dont run? would love to know as theyve said they had the 2000 running in the ad on their tender

im scratching my head over this !