Whatever happened to the M107's and M110's

timbo

• 2 weeks later...

Yes have seen a couple of these come up over the years..

Handy piece of kit to have I would imagine.

Still only recall one privately owned example of the M110 though, seem to remember it was on Milweb 3-4 years ago for about 8K...

hi antar i live just up the road from you in gee cross and saw the 578 on your drive.i used to drive one from 49fd ra back in the day. great bit off kit,plenty of power and no slouch everyone liked a cabby in 578.only problem is every time you brake your knee hits the tiller bar and you track left.great choice though.incidentally if you find it starts lacking power try the electric fuel pumps located on the tanks,common fault on 578 and 109.all the best eddy

From memory because one of both of these weapons were capable of firing nuclear shells, the Americans put conditions on when purchased how they were to be disposed of. This did not include sale to the public.

The one example which came onto the market in Wiltshire had I believe a repro gun.

From memory because one of both of these weapons were capable of firing nuclear shells, the Americans put conditions on when purchased how they were to be disposed of. This did not include sale to the public.

The one example which came onto the market in Wiltshire had I believe a repro gun.

There's a few Long Toms about with real barrels in private hands...