okay this is what i dont need.

paulob1

BAT M

SKOT (ot 64)

UAZ\469

BMP recovery unit with winch and crane

T55 recovery unit.

DAC 6 x 6 monster truck...oh mummy I so do...

ATS

MTLB...

I just dont need any of these....

DO I ?

Edited by paulob1
spelling

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I could a) afford to run one

b) afford to have it transported around to shows etc and

c) had the space available in which to store it

I would have the BAT M without a second thought .

but I can't......

I can't...........

And I haven't so I'll go and sulk instead while you play with yours.........which you will.....once you've got it.............'cos you know you're going to . :-D

Any chance of some pictures rather than abreviations / acronyms?

Here you go, some Google action:

BAT M

800px-Bat-m.jpg

OT-64 SKOT

Ot-64_Czech_01.jpg

UAZ 469

Ten-Russian-UAZ469.jpg

BREM (BMP recovery vehicle)

BREM%20military%20vehicles%20for%20sale%20(2).jpg

VT55 (T-55 recovery variant)

vt55.jpg

DAC 6x6

24784-45.jpg

ATS-59

ATS-59_russia_01.jpg

MTLB

mt-lb.jpg

Better? :)

Stone

Edited by Stone

Hi Neil,

Yes had a good look around it. It needs a bit of tidying work but nothing that a quick lick of paint and a bit of wall paper and maybe a bit of carpet wouldnt hurt...I think it is really good and will easily fit a permanent loo in the middle...

will be good to have two stars near to each other they are so damn good looking and if the weather is good we can go alfresco...open top...

Hey you cant get more patriotic than two stalwarts, if you want patriotism beyond the call of duty that has to be it...

Hi Neil,

Yes had a good look around it. It needs a bit of tidying work but nothing that a quick lick of paint and a bit of wall paper and maybe a bit of carpet wouldnt hurt...I think it is really good and will easily fit a permanent loo in the middle...

will be good to have two stars near to each other they are so damn good looking and if the weather is good we can go alfresco...open top...

Hey you cant get more patriotic than two stalwarts, if you want patriotism beyond the call of duty that has to be it...

Thanks Paul - will go back to work on this missus! :) Have sent you a PM on this.

Re. the patriotism bit - absolutely right!! Plus there is the old military axiom - always know what the other side has as well as or better than you know what you have!! :-)

Mind you - if you can show me a UK vehicle that has the same ability to open out like that Mike - I could be interested!!!!

keep me posted neil, i will have a truck coming back in the next few weeks and likely you can get your truck on one of them...I may have a space, if I do you can have it, but if you dont take it I will fill it with another something...hopefully an MTLB which I am chasing hard...and I had a nice tax rebate this month so I have a bit more to spend than expected...

ooh the last picture looks the best, thats the closest to the star one, and about the same size...

Drawback being they seem designed for demountable use - which means a fairly modern vehicle (i.e. a Foden) - which drops me firmly into the "must have a HGV ticket" zone.

The Stars at least are old enough to be classed as Historic.. Now - were something like that to be available on the back of an RL or a Mk 1 Milly I would be headed for it faster than the proverbial wind out of a ducks behind!!......