What is this contraption for?

radiomike7

A SAM with a form of SACLOS in that one operator tracks the target & the other, you say is essential, tracks the launched missile, so that it is commanded onto target.

More or less spot on, one operator oriented the stand and aiming devices while the other guided the missile by means of a joystick.

But what was the system and date?

More or less spot on, one operator oriented the stand and aiming devices while the other guided the missile by means of a joystick.

But what was the system and date?

If its early 1940s something like Mowe or if late 1940 -1950s perhaps Fairey Stooge.

My avatar is Orange William developed by Fairey. This of course was a ATGM not a SAM, but the twin operator guidance system was similar, which makes me think it was perhaps a Fairey development.

If its early 1940s something like Mowe or if late 1940 -1950s perhaps Fairey Stooge.

My avatar is Orange William developed by Fairey. This of course was a ATGM not a SAM, but the twin operator guidance system was similar, which makes me think it was perhaps a Fairey development.

Right first time with the date, 1943, but not Mowe (Seagull). It is the Henschel Hs 117 which became the Hs 297 and then Schmetterling (Butterfly)