Airborne Museum Hartenstein

They have wrecked it. the new directors have placed 75% of the exhibits into storage, and its now like a huge information point, with hardly any artefacts, and lots of boards to read. The dug up flea is on a concrete stairwell, it looks like someone will come and finish carrying it up the stairs soon, and the emphasis seems not to be on the Arnhem/Oosterbeek battle, but on how stupid war is. If you go to Arnhem, dont bother to go in. Give the 8 euros to a decent charity.

Richard

I went about nine years ago now and I really enjoyed it and to top it off on the wall there was a photo of someone who I knew from home!!!

It's a shame if they have like people have said chnaged all the layout and judging by these pictures on here there is some kind of structure right in front of the main building now, http://www.market-garden.info/airborne_museum_renovation_03.html

I was there last week and i must agree that what they have done upstairs is not good its ( i feel to modern ) but i did like what they have done underground it was a bit do dark but you can see what was going on I feel that they have waisted the upstairs and took away the feel of the battle that you use to get ,but maybe it's just me (there was a sing on the door that said closed on Sunday due to reopening ):rofl:

• 1 month later...