Autocar U7144T.

Antony

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Indeed the front tyre was burnt off, presumably a grass fire during the 30 ? plus or minus years it was in Mr. Beke's yard. The damage was not restricted to the tyre, it extended to the steering wheel, the distributer, compresser, and the water pump, spares of each were obtained for replacement. It is likely that the wheel bearing and oil seal on that side will need attention, but we have spares available. Mr. Beke had a complete set of N.O.S. springs which were brought back with the truck.

Both look in very good condition.

Are you aiming to get both restored and up and running?

Hadn't realised how much taller they were than the Ward La France until the bottom pic.

Looks to be a lot more room under the bonnet for engine changes. What Diesel is fitted to the converted one?

in fact a friend who have a small museum closed it 2 years ago and sold all vehicle.the photo was taken on museum.we bought it .

the friend gave a second complete engine..autocar is complete turning,with trailer.

we found the second (blue) on a scrap near our home,diesel engine is LATIL .(i think 50's years)

this autocar was use on the mountainto recovery lorries in winter when the were in trouble with snow,a plow was fitted on it.And if you look details they fitted axles from U8144T auotcar.But it's a U7144T.

i bought it for parts,but keep it like this.And finally i found 2 U7144T axles,i have also the second engine from the first deal so we decided to keep it in one part and try to find parts to restore it.

our soon is very interested in autocar.:yay:

jpg.gifdechargement 002.jpg (257.8 KB)

dechargement 002.jpg

in fact we have an autocar gang.

the president of our group have one,U7144T with low bed trailer,restored.

a second friend have one,U7144T (photo here) ,trailer not restored,and he is restoring a U8144T with closed cab.

and to finish we have our 2 U7144T to restore.

jpg.gifDSCN4051.jpg (244.6 KB)

Sorry for the hijack but I think the Autocar convoy to Bastogne idea could work.........

Hello Willy63

what great ics of the Auto car a great looking truck, cant wait to see the one on the road which is local to me. On a slightly different subject, I am looking for a 5th wheel coupling dont suppose you have come accross one or know where i can get one.

Thanks

Howard.

i know there is a complete open cab for sale near rouen

not to bad price asked is 750 euros.

you can find it : you put: bernard afchain on google

he is dealer in old car,truck etc....

for fifth wheels,i am looking also for 2.i did not look very well,if i find some i will call you.

my friend found 2 for his 8144T and 7144T .not very difficult so i think they are not rare,just need to look on the good place

i know there is a complete open cab for sale near rouen

not to bad price asked is 750 euros.

you can find it : you put: bernard afchain on google

he is dealer in old car,truck etc....

See http://www.voituresanciennes.net/militaire2.html

Would be great if you get this cab, Jack. You can sit in it and go brmmm, brmmm ! ;)

H.

background2-58.jpg

Edited by mcspool