Plain Invasion 2010 (ON HOLD)

Right guys and gals, I have contacted West Down and have asked weather we can camp next year and have been told yes. I have not set the date yet because one of the idea's we have had is to try and run the weekend at the same time as the Popham H4H day. Because of the Popham H4H we have also decided to go for the same charity and try and raise twice as much between us. The weekend should give everyone somthing a bit different.

We do need some advice though, First of, who is the best peaple to speak to about getting a big convoy / parade together. One idea we have come up with for next years is. Because of the amount of interest from West Down this year we have thought maybe we should go to them, instead of them coming to us. Sort of a parade if you know what I mean. That way they get to see your vehicles moving as well as getting to meet you guys at the same time. The parade would incorparate all era's WW1, WW2, post and present. If there are any renactment guys out there that would like to join in please feel free to contact me anytime. Along with West Down we are going to send out invites to the local Regiments that we have befreinded over the years. If a date is sorted with Popham H4H then the Sunday will be a masive convoy down the A303 East bound to this event for the day. Everyone is welcome to join in on the parade so lets get this one started. Chris G will have to give up the skittles trophy as we have now got a secret weapon. If you fancy giving this ago then please drop your name down and we can get some idea what we are working with. Date coming soon.

All the best.

Tony.

Plain Invasion.

one of the idea's we have had is to try and run the weekend at the same time as the Popham H4H day. .

Hi Tony,

don't forget that weekend clashed with the new IMPS show at Headcorn, same weekend next year... quite a few forum members from this end will probably go to Headcorn next year as it looks like it will become a major event, also MM that month... Early in the year you have the BB (May), Jacks Tank Bash (June) & the other major shows to work around... it's a nightmare finding a date & keeping everyone happy.. good luck:-D

I know mate, I know Chris at Popham H4H was looking at September time but the weather is very hit or miss around that time. I would like to move the Plains tour away from the BB so you guys can come over a spend a bit of time running the valley with us. August for us is the best time because there are no Regiments training, but this defeats the object of the parade. So many shows and not enough weekends in the year. Hell at this rate we will be doing a santa run for H4H.

Right after a long dicussion with the rest of the boys we have now decided to keep our dates the same as normal. Arrival Friday 30th April and depart Monday 3rd May. Three nights out under the stars on the British Armys biggest train ground. If we can get enough vehicles up for a parade at West Down then so be, but as it stands at the moment we are keeping the format the same, Driving, Daves brekkies and trying to get that trophy back of ChrisG. The Popham event would be fun but we really need to get some dates to West Down Camp. Like I said before all are invited and driving on the ranges is upto the vehicl owners. If you just want to display that is just fine with us. Once again I am going to push for tracked vehicles but this again could result in static only. So there you go, the date is Friday 30th, Saterday 1st, Sunday 2nd and Monday 3rd of May 2010.......

Give up the skittles trophy? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I thought that if you were undefeated in the second year it was yours to keep :cool2:

I have a major family do next year 9cant renember when ) but should be ok,,, also best put down (on the list ) HK Dave for at least one day.

Ashley

Edited by ashley

Just a quick up-date, the invites are starting to be sent out around the local Regiments to see if they would like to come over to West Down for the Saterday afternoon and have a look around your vehicles. 22 & 26 have said they are interested to come over and 6BN are looking into there dates for around that time. Invites are also being sent out to 2RTR, 1RTR at Warminster, LWC, IRHA and many more. All Regiments will be warned this is a charity gig for H4H so get there hands in there pockets. Next year if there are any major excersises running we are going to work with WD to ensure that both partys stay safe. So thats about it for now, looks like you will be showing your vehicles to the local Regiments hopefully. More up-date as we get them, anyone wanting to attend the event please do so. The more money we raise the better.

All the best.

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Right guys and gals, got some news about the Plain Invasion weekend and I'm afraid it's not good. The proposed dates for the weekend have been rejected by DTE SPTA, for what reason is not clear but Judy at Land Marc has told me it's nothing to do with anything we have done wrong. We are putting it down to the amount of training currently going on on the ranges, as the email states" area 10, 11, 12 and 13 will not be avalible on the proposed dates.

The other thing we may have to think about is moving the campsite of the ranges, if this is there problem then I think this is the only way we can go. I am looking for alternative camping area's just of the ranges but this proving harder than I thought as most of the land around this area is owned by the MoD.

I have a meeting with Judy on Friday to sort out some other buisness, while I am there I will have a chat and see if she has any idea's to get over this hic-up. So thats about it, I can't think of anything else to say bar Sorry. I am trying to find away around it BUT at this moment in time this event has once again been halted.

I will post any info I get ASAP.

Keep the faith chaps.

Tony and the SPTA team.

• 1 month later...