who's a silly boy then....

paulob1

You all know i took my tracked vehicle test the other week. Well I duly sent in my papers and had my licence back. okay great..

Anyway whilst checking the details I notice that on my entitlement it is saying that i have the entitlement from a date in 1977. So I ring up the DVLA..telling them there must be something wrong...no sir you have had to entitlement since 1977, so i did not need the test, no sir you did not...

oops who's a silly boy then...apparently all of those funny little numbers for tractors and road rollers and the like, I have already received those entitlements when I passed my bike and car driving tests in 1977....ah well at least I have done a refressher course and updated test...ho hum?

Moral is check your licence and if you did your test years ago you may already have more than you think...

doing my HGV C1+E in october...will then have all the tests except the PSV test and I have now just become the proud owner, by default of three single deck buses...one already sold, dennis, one I intend to keep the other is going for scrap....

I agree Adrian -

I remember when I took my car licence and I recieved my licence back from DVLA - there was never an H entitlement granted. I had to take a separate test for the H cat.

Must be a screw up by DVLA.

DVLA make screw-ups - surely you jest young Mark??

(And no, I'm not calling you Shirley!!)