Popham Airfield "Help for Heroes"

Could not take many pictures as I was looking after my display but here are few.....Lots of flying taking place throughout the day with a variety of aircraft. Very chilled out and laid back atmosphere to the event, could have done with a few more MV's in attendance however thanks to all those who made the effort especially the 514th Redball express.

P1000900.jpg

P1000903.jpg

P1000910.jpg

P1000938.jpg

P1000939.jpg

P1000949.jpg

P1000952.jpg

P1000955.jpg

P1000956.jpg

P1000957.jpg

P1000958.jpg

P1000959.jpg

P1000960.jpg

Edited by BIGREDONE

Thanks for everything that you did Paul re this event, this was the first time that I had ever organised an event on this scale, usually beach BBQ's for colleagues etc and have learnt an awful lot.

A decision will be made in September whether we repeat the day next year, so rather than the 6 weeks we had this year, we give ourselves 12 months or so to ensure that everything is in place to make sure we can maximise the full potential of the location. The date is likely to be moved to September as this will ensure availablity of current armed forces equipment and personnel to attend.

The day was all about raising money for the Help 4 Heroes cause and, preliminary, I can say that £3839.01 was raised on the day.

Thanks to all the guys that gave up their time to come along and display for the public and I hope to include you in a bigger better day in 2010!

Chris.