Woodvale 2009

More piccies added

Including Camps and Land Rover

Absolutely correct about the Sugga, it is a water heater powered by a large blow lamp. The Sugga is superbly restored even down to the skis and snow shoes!!!!

woodvale 2009 009.jpg

woodvale 2009 017.jpg

woodvale 2009 025.jpg

woodvale 2009 054.jpg

woodvale 2009 063.jpg

woodvale 2009 071.jpg

A great weekend. The saturday night road run was brilliant too, just into Southport via the coast road and back.

Nice to meet you Brooky, shame you managed to get me in the picture of the K9! :-D

No hiding now then!!!!!

Likewise about meeting you

It was a good week end and I hope it goes from strength to strength and well done to the WEst Lancs section of the MVT for organising the military vehicles

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

Thanks again nice to see three vehicle types i once owned,i had no 36 LR station wagon came from a boatyard on the thames earliest known example at the time,A hard top Laplander.Spent a few wks in Scotland in an LR Ambulance.dreadfull thing.the owner was ok though :cool2:cw.

Glad to have been of assistance!!!!

The 107 Staionwagon is mine, the military vehicle link is a bit tenuos, a previous owner thought it had been used by RAF mountain rescue so that coupled with the fact that I was the commentator for the militry vehicles at the show is why it was there!! :-D:-D:-D

Glad to have been of assistance!!!!

The 107 Staionwagon is mine, the military vehicle link is a bit tenuos, a previous owner thought it had been used by RAF mountain rescue so that coupled with the fact that I was the commentator for the militry vehicles at the show is why it was there!! :-D:-D:-D

Wow thats great mate ,has it got a rear step have one knocking about somewhere ?

No, sorry if i gave the wrong impression

Would be very interested, I suspect that a lot of others have gone missing over the years for te same reason!

Will put it to one side for you.now where the ....is it.:-D

If you want to hear the Huey doing a flyby at 110 knots and 100ft(?!!) then take a look here. It's not my video I must add as I'm at the front of the Huey.

Incidently the reason it takes so long to get the old girl in the air once the starter button is pressed is that the gas turbine is brought up to temperature. Also all other temperatues and pressures are monitored. Once happy with that then all the systems have to be checked. Radio frequencies set. During all that the ground crew outside do a final walk round check to make sure all covers/cubbyholes and doors are properly secured and importantly no leaks are seen from the fuel and hydraulic lines. They also keep an eye out for any unexpected movement of people, vehicles, model aircraft and anything else that could cause a potential hazard to the aircraft. Hence I'm stood at the nose which is the safest place to be during the run up and it means the flying crew can still talk to me if they need to. After everything is set I'm given the thumbs up which means I can move away from under the rotor disc to a safe distance.

Sorry wittered on too long, but thought it might add to the understanding of what goes on.

Enjoy the sight and sound of 509.

H1HU

Footage of the Huey is stunning!!!

I missed it flying in and flying out, heres to next year

Great stuff,spent ages watching all the model flying stuff,that commentator is a laugh,must have a run up next year,New hobby maybe:cool2:

Has anybody any footage of the military vehicle parade?

There is some on U.tube.not much but your 107 was in the background.