Fordson WOT 2

Usually, you'll find that there is a bleed hole that allows a mall passage of water though the 'stat regardless of whether it's open or closed. I'm not 100% sure what this does, but I suspect that it's to avoid creating an air bubble in the system.

Stefano,

The little hole, sometimes fitted with a jiggle pin, is to stop air locks in the head when filling the system.

Anyone know where I can get two Stats from for my WOT ?

Jules

P.S

Throughly flushed cooling system out last night with Holts 2 part Rad Flush, a few small fragments came out but not as moch as I would hope.

Took the rad off Last night, and am taking it to a test/repairs today, it does not look to bad though, but will have it tested.

Also whilst on the subject of WOT2's I noticed that my front two engine rubber mounts were not in the best condition, again where can I get these from ?

Perhaps I should change the rear ones too!

Jules

Anyone know where I can get two Stats from for my WOT?

Also whilst on the subject of WOT2's I noticed that my front two engine rubber mounts were not in the best condition, again where can I get these from ?

Perhaps I should change the rear ones too!

Jules

Good question. I'm rebuilding the rear axle of mine and so far it's been a nightmare. I've been in contact with Peter Robson of Nordians but it's been a frustrating experience, with very little to show for it I'm afraid. By all means give him a try though.

Whilst I'm at it I'm going to hijack the thread for a second here and ask if there's anyone out there that has a crownwheel and pinion set for a WOT 2, because I really need one.....

• 7 years later...

Hi Jules,

Just been reading through this tread, and the one thing that occurs to me is that you may have a cracked / porous head (s). As the engine warms up and you are taking it from tickover to higher revs, then back again, you could be pressurizing the cooling system, via the compression cycle in the cylinders. You may just have to remove the heads again and very carefully inspect the composition chambers, in the cylinder heads with a magnifying glass for signs of micro cracks. May be worth having the heads dye pen tested.

Best regards

Keith

Good question. I'm rebuilding the rear axle of mine and so far it's been a nightmare. I've been in contact with Peter Robson of Nordians but it's been a frustrating experience, with very little to show for it I'm afraid. By all means give him a try though.

Whilst I'm at it I'm going to hijack the thread for a second here and ask if there's anyone out there that has a crownwheel and pinion set for a WOT 2, because I really need one.....

Crown Wheel and Pinion,speak to the carriers guys ,same axle just different ratio,apparently gives you 12 MPH more.

Just been reading through this tread, and the one thing that occurs to me is that you may have a cracked / porous head (s)

Alas a little late perhaps for an answer now... this thread you were reading re. the Fordson WOT2 was an old thread that ended 7 years ago from back in 2009 !

Edited by Nick Johns

Alas a little late perhaps for an answer now... this thread you were reading re. the Fordson WOT2 was an old thread that ended 7 years ago from back in 2009 !

The vehicle got sold about 5 years ago, I did see it this year at the Upminster show with its new owner