HWade

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello Willyslancs

Thanks for your comments, I dont know if there was piping when they came off the production line, but like you say a good way to finish off the joining of wing to panel.

Regards Howard

Nice one, thats a good idea, I know when i unbolted the running bourds from the bottom of the front wing there was a type of putty in between the two. I was going to use my piping and a squirt of silicone on each side.Or perhaps a flat piece of rubber.

Thanks

Howard

if you cut the end off olive drab boot laces you can run bright coloured wires,loom etc up them and they look old !we did our jeep wiring in these they look old at a glance , they can be painted too...........

you got me on the master key hair lol

Hi yep I do have some rubber, came off a job I was working on 1 meter wide and 6m long.Smooth on one side and very narrow ribs on the other.It was used for temp flooring to protect the concrete.Ideal for the floor in truck cab or the cargo bed.

Howard

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Howard,

I have been watching your restoration with interest and amazement, you have achieved so much in such a short space of time, are you doing this single handed or do you have a team of workers ?! very impressed.

I started to restore my 352 in spring and I still have not completed the refurbishment of the drive train or painted the chassis! Perhaps I should post some pics when I have got further on, so I can at least try to give the illusion of progress !!

I am looking forward to see your truck completed, of course with your progress so far I imagine it will be complete by the end of july !:cool2:

regards Kevin

Hello Kevin

Thanks for your comments and I am glad you like the project, I sand blasted and painted the chassis on my own, I have had a bit of help when freinds have popped over, but done most of it my self. I wish i could get it all done by July but this will no way happen.Although the body need alot of work if you had all of the materials to hand then I suppose you could get it done fairly quickly.I am hoping to do a bit more more tomorrow will post a few more pics.

Regards

Howard.

Hi Howard,

I'm very impressed! The DT was a beast, but didn't have the charisma of the Jimmy. I look forward to hitching a ride on the next Operation Bolero....!

I've always had a bit of a fetish for Jimmy shop vans and can't help snapping them when I see them. The best example I've seen was in Normandy in 2004 owned by French MV dealers Jeepest (as per image here) and used as a mobile shop for their spare parts sales - this one is super detailed in terms of fitments and correct transfers etc - I'll try and dig out the other detail shots I took and share them.

Keep up the good work.

Neil S

CNV00014.jpg

Hi Howard,

I'm very impressed! The DT was a beast, but didn't have the charisma of the Jimmy. I look forward to hitching a ride on the next Operation Bolero....!

I've always had a bit of a fetish for Jimmy shop vans and can't help snapping them when I see them. The best example I've seen was in Normandy in 2004 owned by French MV dealers Jeepest (as per image here) and used as a mobile shop for their spare parts sales - this one is super detailed in terms of fitments and correct transfers etc - I'll try and dig out the other detail shots I took and share them.

Keep up the good work.

Neil S

Hello Neil

You were right about the Diamond t she was a beast and I enjoyed her but I just could not afford putting in the fuel, so I decided to down size a bit.

You will be more than welcome to hitch a ride,thats if she is done by then I hope so.It would be nice to see some more pics of the Jeepest Shop van.

Regards

Howard.W.

Edited by HWade

Well I finally managed to get to the workshop earlier today,I first finished fitting the handbrake band and adjusting it up. I decided to strip out one side of the roller blinds and guides in the shopvan body.with a bit of tapping and some WD40 the screws came undone that were holding the blinds in, there was the odd screw that i had to grind off. I was exspecting the in side of the blinds to be in a right bad way, but all the ones I have removed dont seem to bad,I will have to replace all of the blinds, but the rollers and springs are fine. I think I shall go for olive canvas rather than the black colour they are at the momment. To remove the blinds you had to remove the runners which were either side of the blinds these to were a bit rusty but will clean up OK. As for some of the inner curved wall where the blinds were attached to this is really rusty and will need cutting out and replacing.Well thats it for now heres a few pics.

Regards

Howard.

shopvan 009.jpg

shopvan 007.jpg

blind 002.jpg

blind 003.jpg

blind 004.jpg

Edited by HWade

• 2 weeks later...

Well got a bit of an update on the Shopvan, I have made a start on the shopvan body and have removed all of the workbench and draws from the side of the body that had very bad water damage.The next job will be to remove the inner tin wall skin and it will then be ready for sand blasting and priming. Going back to the main truck most of the wiring is now complete, and I have also collected a replacement running board, also a very good outer windscreen frame, I got these sand blasted and primed today along with all of the light fittings ect.will post a few pics as and when. Well thats it for now.

Howard

Hello Joris

I have decided to leave this side out the wood was so badly damaged it would need replacing.I plan to fit in double seats facing each other with a table in the middle,that then can turn into a bed. Far end I shall be fitting a shower and toilet.I am leaving in the other side bench and draws as these are in very good order.

Howard

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...