Mario on scrapheap challenge

chambers101

I know this is a old thread, but my mate has just been visiting me and we were chatting all things stolly and military vehicles,

and got on the subject of tony mason, I used to have two program's I taped from the telly, one was the heavy vehicles playing in the quarry at Avon dassett, the other was (as seen in those pictures above) with mario and Andrew, tony mason was driving/swimming the stolly.

can I for the life of me find the video tapes! :embarrassed: So I did a you tube, google search and came up with nothing, does any one know the program's I'm on about, and have a link to a video, I'm sure I have seen them on the net!

Going back to mario, I have pictures and video's when I was a younger, early nineties at mamby show, at the heavy vehicle trials, and also in the mud pit! I will try to upload them onto the tube! :D

Thanks all for any help.

cheers

shaun

Going back to mario, I have pictures and video's when I was a younger, early nineties at manby show, at the heavy vehicle trials, and also in the mud pit! I will try to upload them onto the tube

It would be good to see those. Manby has been sold and the driving centre is closing down in the middle of November:cry: It is unlikely than any motorsports or driving activities will happen there again.

Jason

• 5 weeks later...

One of the shows was old Top Gear which is on youtube somewhere. The second was his program Off the Road which aired in 2002 of which there is no trace of it on the internet, though only the other week we recorded it onto a dvd and put it on the comp so hopefully should be up soon.

• 9 months later...

Met up with Mario at the weekend and spent a couple of hours being regaled round the camp fire with very hair raising tales of incidents and accidents at Avon Dassett and Manby in the early nineties. A thoroughly nice bloke all round..

• 10 months later...

RIP Mario 'Blobby' Aliperti - passed away last month - a true legend.

If any of you knew him the funeral is 18th July at 1.30pm at East Hampstead Crematorium Bracknell. A big turnout is expected!

For many years I sat over on this side of the pond reading tales of the heavy mob and Manby and silly antics with big green vehicles, Mario was always in the frame somewhere.

Upon a visit to Beltring I finally met Mario. A larger than life character in more ways than one.

I knew from reading between the lines and then sharing a few pints at night with him in person that he was a scallywag and an individual but a lover of things mechanical and not afraid of anything or anyone.

I'm sure he had problems in life as we all do but who among us wears a halo? I know I have had my problems.

A pleasure to be able to say I had met him and been thrown around the ring at Beltring in an M548 by him.

Sad to hear of his passing, reminds us all that we will one day pass.

Rest In Peace Mario

Robin:saluting:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
RIP Mario 'Blobby' Aliperti - passed away last month - a true legend.

If any of you knew him the funeral is 18th July at 1.30pm at East Hampstead Crematorium Bracknell. A big turnout is expected!

Very sorry to hear that. Only found this topic now, or I'd have attended. Fond memories of Mario from Avon Dassett and amphib meets in the Lakes and elsewhere. He'll be much missed, a larger than life character in many ways.

Those clips of Avon Dassett from the '90s take me back - and make me feel very old! I'm in that Top Gear vid somewhere, though unfortunately the RL didn't make the final cut. Everything changes, but it's a shame those events don't happen these days.

• 1 year later...

Me and Sonja was really sad to hear Mario has passed nearly two years ago, I Had great times with the man and he was the best at enjoying himself and making people simle around him, but as quoted here he was a skalywag, Bless

one of his down sides was he would go to ground when he wanted, and we lost contact. but I would like to thank him for being him and helping me on scrapheap. here is a pic of the team with yer man. I know you won't RIP as you will be up for a crack where ever you are.

129-2930_IMG.jpgR-L Mario, me Bob and Paul.

good on yer mate, to soon!!, Bob n Sonja:undecided:

C_67_article_2030494_body_articleblock_0_bodyimage.jpg

8.jpg