Stalwart HMLC Gallery

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

whilst digging round for some photo's, i came accross these.

this one (if memory serves me correct) is the fibua training village at stanta

its on the confidence course, where you had to climb a cargo net, run accross the roof's, go through tunnels etc, and right at the end you had to sit on the window ledge and drop down onto this sand filled stolly.

i first looked out the window, (out of shot in the picture) then just jumped through it onto the stolly, the instructor looked at me, i said "its a confidence course, im confident"

he just shook his head and docked our team points

i suppose its not the correct way to do it. :blush:

shaun

stplly fibua.jpg

whilst digging round for some photo's, i came accross these.

this one (if memory serves me correct) is the fibua training village at stanta

its on the confidence course, where you had to climb a cargo net, run accross the roof's, go through tunnels etc, and right at the end you had to sit on the window ledge and drop down onto this sand filled stolly.

i first looked out the window, (out of shot in the picture) then just jumped through it onto the stolly, the instructor looked at me, i said "its a confidence course, im confident"

he just shook his head and docked our team points

i suppose its not the correct way to do it. :blush:[ATTACH=CONFIG]39084[/ATTACH]

shaun

I was doing the climbing frame in Sandhurst. You had to climb to the top stand up and say your name rank and number...I got up and bent down, the instructor asked me what I was doing, he nearly faitned when I did a hand stand and shouted out my details whilst standing on my hands...he didnt think it was at all funny, but I did say it was a confidence test surely...I think we both missed the point...and I was a bit of a gymnast in those days...

I am a tad claustrophobic and doing those SEWERS/tunnels was not fun at all...I tried to do the tunnels in Vietnam but could only go into the entrance, its the first time it has ever stopped me from doing something like that but I reasoned i was twice the zize of the vietcong and therefore likely to get stuck, my worst nightmare i GUESS...

Edited by paulob1

You'll find a shot of some Stalwarts in Aden here: http://flat222.org/gallery2/v/brian/army/Aden-Sharjah/Aden/Stalwarts_+Often+used+to+protect+air+craft+at+Habilyn+against+small+arms+fire+at+night_.bmp.html

The colour reproduction is not good, but I assume that they are in sand and black.

Or you could always do a mock-up of the Stalwart used as a reef rescue vehicle at RAF Gan:

http://www.bwmodels.co.uk/index.asp?pageid=231121

You need to take her swimming, especially if she is all sorted.

Im going all through mine at moment, making sure she's alll ready for a swim. I need to free off a dowty and im also fitting electric ignition then a complete service. Once all thats sorted, im on the hunt for a lake or perhaps the local river! :D

she will go in the water this year...I have decided this is the year, its just when and with whom I go..likely will take the jetski and the outboard ready and fitted to the rear, not that i dont trust them or anything just i have had fitrst hand experience of stalwarts breaking...

• 2 weeks later...