Mystery Ammo

Topdog

To make it more difficult there is no photo :schocked: This is because I am having trouble putting a picture up.......I know, I know....I have read the idiots guide that was posted.

Anyway. I have rifle rounds which are case length 57mm with a flush rim at the base ie not proud like a .303

the bullet head is wood and stained purple and machined to exactly profile a round nose head.

Case markings are: P370 IX W1 2 37

I know the country of origin and the era is 1940's but what they are for I do not know, It is not a one-off as I have several of them.

Dave

To make it more difficult there is no photo :schocked: This is because I am having trouble putting a picture up.......I know, I know....I have read the idiots guide that was posted.

Anyway. I have rifle rounds which are case length 57mm with a flush rim at the base ie not proud like a .303

the bullet head is wood and stained purple and machined to exactly profile a round nose head.

Case markings are: P370 IX W1 2 37

I know the country of origin and the era is 1940's but what they are for I do not know, It is not a one-off as I have several of them.

Dave

They are blanks for an automatic weapon. The wooden bullet is meant to disintergate on firing, but will work the gun's meachanism. I know the British used them in Brens and the Germans also used them in the MG34/42.

• 2 weeks later...

Ex 15/19 Hussar, currently badged Light Dragoon.

Baz.

Are You a Geordie Then? :-D

Currently a light dragoon? :dunno:

Your surely not still in are you or is that what your veh is marked up as? :-)

All the Beast

(Micky taker speciality)

Fred :whistle:

Ah, Thats why I can understand what ya saying then eh! :-D

Notice ...Typical Life Guard eh!...Taking the Mick cos your B....! Miles away and can't belt me one :whistle:

All the Beast and keep up the Good work mate, my daughter was in the Army Cadets till she was 18, said she enjoyed every minute of it.

Take care n hope we can meet up one day eh! :-D

Fred & Annika :banana: :yay: