For Sale - Three on the Floor magazines

woa2

These are 19 copies of 'Three on the Floor' magazine from the 1970s. It was published by John Carter and the articles are mainly about Vintage Military Vehicles, Ford cars, Fairground rides and show reports. John Carter is well known for starting Military Vehicle shows at Shottesbrooke in the early 1970s and he also published this magazine. The adverts in the magazines are very interesting, with Jeeps for sale at £450 in 1974.

I have 19 magazines and the price is £20 for all, with postage at cost.

Selling these for a friend who is having a clear-out.

Robert Davey

DSC00163.JPG

• 1 month later...

Still got all my copies Robert,

your right about the adverts they are a real blast from the past,  sadly many of the names of both sellers and contributors are no longer with us however the magazines form a real piece of Military vehicle collecting history well worth having just for that.

regards to you and Sharon

Pete 

4 minutes ago, Pete Ashby said:

Still got all my copies Robert,

your right about the adverts they are a real blast from the past,  sadly many of the names of both sellers and contributors are no longer with us however the magazines form a real piece of Military vehicle collecting history well worth having just for that.

regards to you and Sharon

Pete 

I remember going to the first Shottesbrook show with my Austin Champ. The start of my interest in Military vehicles.

8 hours ago, Pete Ashby said:

Lots of memories in those magazines,   It was me who convinced John Carter to organise the very first Military vehicle show at Shottesbrook,  I used to contribute to the magazine and often assisted John with the printing

Those early shows brought MV enthusiasts together and where Pete Gray developed the MVCG, / MVT which is now celebrating its 50th. year

Edited by Nick Johns

It all seems a rather a long time ago Nick and at other times when two or three of us meet up it only seems like yesterday. 

I didn't know you were responsible for encouraging John Carter to hold the Shottesbrook shows they really fired up the imagination of a 16 year old and started a passion that is a strong now as it was then.  That's where I first met Pete Gray and joined the MVCG it would be 1972 or 73 from memory,  good days when you could still get on your bike and cycle round the local farms and scrap yards looking for Jeeps and find them,  my first one was £250 on the road with an MoT and running after a fashion.

Pete