Ron

Royal Enfield ......Rare find

The other side apparently carried a duplicate of the arm of service serial, as per standard post-1941 practice.    '73' was an Infantry Brigade Company RASC in the 1944 listings. 

Bike 5695.jpg

Bike 5691.jpg

Bike 5692.jpg

Nice to see those 'other side' pictures Rik. Wish I'd seen them before. Always learning something new. Ron

I thought you'd know, Ron. That's you in the background playing on the bombsite in your school uniform, isn't it ?

Bike 5692 (2).jpg

Oh Bugger! I'd forgotten about that day in Reigate. Ron

Another trialled WD/C (This is Noel Pope on a C6125 bike) and a later model WD/C (C7182 ?) on an East Midlands RASC trial (October 1942)

19401226 TMC.JPG

C7182.JPG

Hi Ron

Good to chat a few days ago, the bike looks marvellous and I’m very much looking forward to seeing it in the flesh (after the ransom has been paid😉), very pleased with the end result. Thank you.

Thank you to Rik and Jan for their help too, without their help I wouldn’t be in a position to have the bike, Jan’s research into these early Royal Enfields is a benefit for everyone.

Ron, thanks again for restoring the bike and posting the progress here for others to share.

Ben