Scam replies to ads - please read

1000sunlight

Having placed a wanted ad for a Willys engine I received two replies on Friday both from 'Texas' asking if I was still looking as they had engines. One went quiet when I asked for photos, the second I have strung along asking if the jeep engine had two cam covers, a front distributor and a chamfered inlet (whatever that is!) and he replied each time YES and repeatedly asked for a bank transfer and 'would ship straight away'.

The second one also sent a plausible description of the engine which I found was lifted from a 2010 ad on HMVF.

So no one gets conned in the future make sure the seller has the item, as neither of these two had, and try asking strange technical questions and when they reply yes to anything they are SCAMMERS.

It is clear this forum is watched and used by these fraudsters.

So, 'John' and 'Steve' **** off you miserable b*****rds

Mods please put this post where it will get maximum attention

Thanks

Edited by 1000sunlight

I have a jeep advertised on Milweb, I have had an inquiry about purchasing the vehicle, the wording was - we are very interested in purchasing your vehicle, please hide the vehicle from other buyers. We will pay you for the vehicle and shipping and you arrange the vehicle movement. It had scam written all over it. I have advised them to seek another vendor as I wasnt prepared to get involved in shipping anything any where. It went strangely quiet.

Unfortunately our hobby is has been identified as worthy as trying a to scam, presumably because of the value of some vehicles.

Unfortunately an unsavory part of today's internet use.

Tim.

Thanks

I had a trailer for sale. The price was stated & included a number of photos. So it seemed a little odd to be asked for the price & for photos. Googling sections of his correspondence showed that he was also buying cars, boats, horses etc for his father as a surprise. So I thought it deserved a reply in Borat. :D

I am interested in buying your (3/4 Ton Wide Track Trailer) listed on milweb.net, and would like to receive additional information about it, such as present condition, last asking price and pics if available, i will like to pay with PayPal.

Hi Thomas is nice to here from you. Yes its is very nice & pleasant condition. Please make paid me cash only and I send you more picture

How much are you asking for it?

Is still for sale price I am showing to that which is in the advertisment first times shown if not better. Is ok for you?

Good to hear back from you, i work with New Zealand Oil and Gas (NZOG) and we are presently offshore in New Zealand Taranaki Basin on kupe project, i am at sea right now so i wont be able to check the trailer am buying this for my dad as a surprise gift so am willing to offer you the amount you requested, i insisted on PayPal because i don't have access to my bank account online and i don't have internet banking too, but i can pay from my PayPal account as i have my bank a/c attached to it, all i will need is your PayPal email address to make the payment, and if you don't have a PayPal account yet, i will suggest you set one up at http://www.paypal.com'>http://www.paypal.com'>http://www.paypal.com it will not take you more than 3 mins to do that, i will be expecting your PayPal email so that i will make payment, i have a pick-up agent that will come for the pick-up they will also determine and secure the shipment once payment has been sorted, i will also need your full name and phone number. Good to hear back from you, i work with New Zealand Oil and Gas (NZOG) and we are presently offshore in New Zealand Taranaki Basin on kupe project, i am at sea right now so i wont be able to check the trailer am buying this for my dad as a surprise gift so am willing to offer you the amount you requested, i insisted on PayPal because i don't have access to my bank account online and i don't have internet banking too, but i can pay from my PayPal account as i have my bank a/c attached to it, all i will need is your PayPal email address to make the payment, and if you don't have a PayPal account yet, i will suggest you set one up at http://www.paypal.com it will not take you more than 3 mins to do that, i will be expecting your PayPal email so that i will make payment, i have a pick-up agent that will come for the pick-up they will also determine and secure the shipment once payment has been sorted, i will also need your full name and phone number.

Yes it was good to here back from you as well i bet it is really very nice time in the basin, but i suppose you have to do working some of the times yes. Do you have any pictures of your rigs as this really interest by retard brother. Your have agent pick up this he is allowed to bring here cash money is okey with me as no paypal allowed here. Dooes you think the agent need help pull as it is many heavy we have farmer has big cow to help pull but i think you must pay him for do this is okey for him help. he has wife who is very strong and many hairs of nostrils.

I had a trailer for sale. The price was stated & included a number of photos. So it seemed a little odd to be asked for the price & for photos. Googling sections of his correspondence showed that he was also buying cars, boats, horses etc for his father as a surprise. So I thought it deserved a reply in Borat. :D

I am interested in buying your (3/4 Ton Wide Track Trailer) listed on milweb.net, and would like to receive additional information about it, such as present condition, last asking price and pics if available, i will like to pay with PayPal.

Hi Thomas is nice to here from you. Yes its is very nice & pleasant condition. Please make paid me cash only and I send you more picture

Is still for sale price I am showing to that which is in the advertisment first times shown if not better. Is ok for you?

Good to hear back from you, i work with New Zealand Oil and Gas (NZOG) and we are presently offshore in New Zealand Taranaki Basin on kupe project, i am at sea right now so i wont be able to check the trailer am buying this for my dad as a surprise gift so am willing to offer you the amount you requested, i insisted on PayPal because i don't have access to my bank account online and i don't have internet banking too, but i can pay from my PayPal account as i have my bank a/c attached to it, all i will need is your PayPal email address to make the payment, and if you don't have a PayPal account yet, i will suggest you set one up at www.paypal.com it will not take you more than 3 mins to do that, i will be expecting your PayPal email so that i will make payment, i have a pick-up agent that will come for the pick-up they will also determine and secure the shipment once payment has been sorted, i will also need your full name and phone number. Good to hear back from you, i work with New Zealand Oil and Gas (NZOG) and we are presently offshore in New Zealand Taranaki Basin on kupe project, i am at sea right now so i wont be able to check the trailer am buying this for my dad as a surprise gift so am willing to offer you the amount you requested, i insisted on PayPal because i don't have access to my bank account online and i don't have internet banking too, but i can pay from my PayPal account as i have my bank a/c attached to it, all i will need is your PayPal email address to make the payment, and if you don't have a PayPal account yet, i will suggest you set one up at www.paypal.com it will not take you more than 3 mins to do that, i will be expecting your PayPal email so that i will make payment, i have a pick-up agent that will come for the pick-up they will also determine and secure the shipment once payment has been sorted, i will also need your full name and phone number.

Yes it was good to here back from you as well i bet it is really very nice time in the basin, but i suppose you have to do working some of the times yes. Do you have any pictures of your rigs as this really interest by retard brother. Your have agent pick up this he is allowed to bring here cash money is okey with me as no paypal allowed here. Dooes you think the agent need help pull as it is many heavy we have farmer has big cow to help pull but i think you must pay him for do this is okey for him help. he has wife who is very strong and many hairs of nostrils.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

This happens a lot, it just shows you can't be too careful. The thing I have always done is go 'technical' I had one of the NZ Oil and Gas ones last year and strung him along with faults in the jeep I had for sale, like 'I'm being honest in saying it has an issue with the heat exchanger the air conditioning light shows a defective disconbobulator' the reply was just a 'no problem' with repeated purchase instructions for him to pay by escrow.

They really are just Scum

Edited by 1000sunlight

Good to hear back from you, i work with New Zealand Oil and Gas (NZOG) and we are presently offshore in New Zealand Taranaki Basin on kupe project, i am at sea right now so i wont be able to check the trailer am buying this for my dad as a surprise gift so am willing to offer you the amount you requested, i insisted on PayPal because i don't have access to my bank account online and i don't have internet banking too, but i can pay from my PayPal account as i have my bank a/c attached to it, all i will need is your PayPal email address to make the payment, and if you don't have a PayPal account yet, i will suggest you set one up at www.paypal.com it will not take you more than 3 mins to do that, i will be expecting your PayPal email so that i will make payment, i have a pick-up agent that will come for the pick-up they will also determine and secure the shipment once payment has been sorted, i will also need your full name and phone number. Good to hear back from you, i work with New Zealand Oil and Gas (NZOG) and we are presently offshore in New Zealand Taranaki Basin on kupe project, i am at sea right now so i wont be able to check the trailer am buying this for my dad as a surprise gift so am willing to offer you the amount you requested, i insisted on PayPal because i don't have access to my bank account online and i don't have internet banking too, but i can pay from my PayPal account as i have my bank a/c attached to it, all i will need is your PayPal email address to make the payment, and if you don't have a PayPal account yet, i will suggest you set one up at www.paypal.com it will not take you more than 3 mins to do that, i will be expecting your PayPal email so that i will make payment, i have a pick-up agent that will come for the pick-up they will also determine and secure the shipment once payment has been sorted, i will also need your full name and phone number.

Absolutely priceless, your 'Borat' is very good, will have to take note for future reference. :clap:

Dear Mr. Clive. You is Goodly at de Lettering My Sir. How Eye can compete against Yous reply is certainly anxiously

Clarified to me.

I can be understanding that there is Peoples out there that is not compliantly legal with the selling Inint.

I wish you to be trustingly firm of Me, as I is Long Honest Collecting Person for sure.

My Pastor will contest to my Honestly as collecting exspurt. So If you be sending the vehicle to my Niece who is

Knowing about the shipping systems Honestly well. I can get my shipping agent to collect on behalf of Me anxious to awaiting You.

I will supply Banking details being Directly to you in next Lettering to Forwards confidently.

Your kind questioning to me asking for my Policy on Defence. Is replying The man am coming tomorrow to fix defence.

Thanking You earnestly with advancing good wishes. & remembering, Queen Victoria Damm Fine Man!

Mr.Big. CDM.

Dear Mr. Clive. You is Goodly at de Lettering My Sir. How Eye can compete against Yous reply is certainly anxiously

Clarified to me.

I can be understanding that there is Peoples out there that is not compliantly legal with the selling Inint.

I wish you to be trustingly firm of Me, as I is Long Honest Collecting Person for sure.

My Pastor will contest to my Honestly as collecting exspurt. So If you be sending the vehicle to my Niece who is

Knowing about the shipping systems Honestly well. I can get my shipping agent to collect on behalf of Me anxious to awaiting You.

I will supply Banking details being Directly to you in next Lettering to Forwards confidently.

Your kind questioning to me asking for my Policy on Defence. Is replying The man am coming tomorrow to fix defence.

Thanking You earnestly with advancing good wishes. & remembering, Queen Victoria Damm Fine Man!

Mr.Big. CDM.

Wonderful!

Tony

Quite. Well I have no wish to become embroiled in unintelligible correspondence from scammers of their various kinds from around the world. But it seems I am being drawn into a series of deals that I wish to be no part of.

Things have taken a turn for the worse in that a Mr B.Sagdiev has turned up him & taken up residence in my chicken house together with his none too bright brother who has escaped from the state circus. The thrust of the deal seems to be that he buys my wife on condition that you buy his old wife who is now something of a burden to him. Rather than explain any further I enclose a transcript of a badly written note with a crayon on an old fertiliser bag.

“Hi 5 is nice you are interest my wive. I am now live with the cliv who alow me his wive live her room , he is vary strange he has a huber pig that he love the very much, But in my country we call pig is dirty animal so i think cliv is not so sensible as he ptrend .

i am famous on the line seller with many satisfactions mostly i like to do the same with you , please send me all the picture of youre huose as swell 10 million tengi to my account Weston union .., my wive also need red dress (ectra large) red washing up bowel , red bag for nostril hairs with many shavvers and 10 gallons of insecticide.

if you like make her hoppy she like betamax casete of manly barrilow and famous local signer is called gorki borchek is numberr one in our top ten for ten years mostly. she aslo like riding , do you have a strong goat she can ride / in my country woman is not alowed to be ride a horse unless she is take it to vote for our glorious leader who is much respacted he think

pleaee may I have you’re a dress to sent you nice photogarph oy youre bank detail and the pins , i am really to make deal but can make discount if you take my brother and give him nice pictures of ferrets that you fix , do you have to cook them first before you eat or can be eaten wearing his fur/

dooes you like my agent pay you cash in the hands with extra to take then you not have to pay custom tax on wife and gaot or for a litle moor you can bid for worlds largest artificial cardboard box that my brother has bean make , is very nice dark brown “

Update:

A new scammer.... here is the typical reply to the wanted ad - all fake!

Jim Romero <jimsautomotiveltd@gmail.com>

Hello,

I am emailing with respect to your advert. Please let me know if you are still in need of the above and I'll get back to you. What's your phone #?

Many thanks,

Jims Vintage Auto Shop

Jims Romero

Huntsville, AL 35810

USA.

All a scam. I just hope nobody gets caught out!

Priceless Clive, great to see the return of Borax, long may it continue:D

Derek things have gone from bad to worse, Mr Sagdiev has now taken over the chicken house & declared it a republic & seeking to join the EU hoping for a farming subsidy. As if that is not enough he has been playing the 10-hour version of Gorki's hit on his betamax, the shortened version is bad enough.

Derek things have gone from bad to worse, Mr Sagdiev has now taken over the chicken house & declared it a republic & seeking to join the EU hoping for a farming subsidy. As if that is not enough he has been playing the 10-hour version of Gorki's hit on his betamax, the shortened version is bad enough.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:no words are necessary!

Mr, Clive. Are you be suring that your job is not Diplomat to Farmers Union?

The liking of hairy Nostrills is very becoming of you. Do you like to use lawn Mowing when doing the trim?

I am very much of the Liking, when having chickins in the Haus. Such colour & bonusing of the eggs!

We are having the usage of a Pig in the Lounge roomer. For the using of an Air Freshener. Much goodly cheap!

I will be getting to you later, as I have to go out to benifit office now. Looking forward to picture of ferrets, as I am very liking of Animals. You say Your ferrets are 3.5 Tons. Very big Breeding & much more meat to be eating!

So, I will be touching you back in soonest after Benift is with my Hands. Thank you Please Mr. Clive. And very good at

Bussinessing with us together soon.

Mr. Big CDM

Excellent stuff :)

You boys need to see this site....

..... there is a whole community of folk out there that absolutely delight in stringing scammers along as far as is possible.......read a few of the stories in the 'archive' section..some of them are incredible and will have you in stitches :)

Amongst many hilarious tales on there , my particular favourite is how one very clever fella managed to dupe a scammer into narrating the entire book of 'The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy' to tape in his heavy African accent. By some very clever bull**** , this fella convinced the scammer that he was in fact a very well established and wealthy book publisher in London....and that he would pay the fella 'may thousands of pounds' as he could sell 'many copies' to ex-pat Africans living in the UK who would pay well for an 'audio' version of that story done in an accent that Africans could relate to :)

I kid you not...you need to read them .... :)

http://www.419eater.com/

Priceless Clive, great to see the return of Borax, long may it continue:D

I'm surprised to see Borax returning to be honest, he must be made of mighty stern stuff, if only to get over the mashing he got from poor Richard....:shake::beatenup:

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?19819-A-strange-thing-happened-to-Richard-Farrant-at-Beltring

I'm surprised to see Borax returning to be honest, he must be made of mighty stern stuff, if only to get over the mashing he got from poor Richard....:shake::beatenup:

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?19819-A-strange-thing-happened-to-Richard-Farrant-at-Beltring

Gee thanks for dragging that up again Bernard :embarrassed:

Borax ... now that was something the army used to issue as hand cleaner

Gee thanks for dragging that up again Bernard :embarrassed:

Sorry Richard, but our new younger members need to know how to protect themselves, and history is important as it shows the depths these scammers can go to and the misery they can cause....and how long the effects can last!