Huey 509 and Loach 011 open days

H1HU

Just thought I'd mention that if you want to get up close and personal with Huey 509 and Loach 011 then there are a couple of opportunities. On Saturday the 3rd of November and again on Saturday the first of December there will be a couple of hangar days at Wesham in Lancashire. Numbers through the doors are being restricted and you must register interest via the web site, you can't just turn up on the day unannounced. To log your interest then visit the huey.co.uk site.

You'll get the chance to have a look around the operating base of these two interesting helicopters, have a look at the memorabilia on show and see some videos about 509 and the Loach that haven't been shown publicly before.

Let's hope the weather is good as the machines may well be outside.

H1HU

loach departs to southport.jpg

Forgot to mention that besides the Huey and the Loach there is the Westland WASP we recovered from the hangar of HMS Plymouth. There will also be there the M151A2 MUTT and the MB in situ, plus there may well be a Mule in attendance. Plus lots of interesting nicknacks from mortars, weaponry. Just too much to list, oh nearly forgot, and the Bofors off HMS Bronnington, Prince Charle's minesweeper.

So not just a visit for the helicopter enthusiast. If your unlucky enough you may well get to see me, and before anybody says anything, yes I am old enough, though not antigue, to be an exhibit in my own right!!

H1HU

• 4 weeks later...

Just a couple of weeks to the second hangar open day. Your chance to come and have a much closer look at Huey 509 and Loach 011 than we normally allow. All who visited in November went away happy. Under close supervison you even get the chance to sit in this wondeful machine. Check out the Huey website for details as it is by ticket only so that we know exactly how many and who is paying a visit.

H1HU

loach low crop.jpg