Great Dorset Steam Fair (Diesel Heavy Haulage) 2011 Diamond T 70th Birthday bash

antarmike

Graham Booth is definitely bringing EGG 160,

I have interest from the following:-

Adrian with 566 XUL

Dave Griffin with NVS 144

Alan Oxborough returning with 495 XUX.

That should be four coming.

I am hoping that I have Tony Graves coming over from France.

I would like to hear from anyone else interested in attending.

MaccDT has expressed an interest, I would welcome a PM to let me know vehicle and contact details, etc

Ditto Ruggyjohn.

Martin May contribute something to meet fuel costs, That decision is his alone, But if I know roughly how many might attend, I can start talking to him.

Edited by antarmike

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good, this e-mail just came back from Martin Oliver....

Hi Mike

Thanks for your email. ..........

..................With regard to the celebration of DiamondT’s I am sure we can do something along the lines you have indicated. We can talk further on this soon. I think it would be a brilliant attraction for next year’s show.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards

Martin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello.

I have suggested to my uncle to come to this 70th Diamond T birthday at dorset. He has a Diamond T 981A with a rogers trailer and carrys a M4A4 sherman tank. The hole rig is done out to world war 2 american spec. Will let you know more when i do. I do have pictures of it too.

Jamie.

Hello.

I have suggested to my uncle to come to this 70th Diamond T birthday at dorset. He has a Diamond T 981A with a rogers trailer and carrys a M4A4 sherman tank. The hole rig is done out to world war 2 american spec. Will let you know more when i do. I do have pictures of it too.

Jamie.

He would be more than welcome....

• 2 weeks later...
I had a chat with Dave Weedon and let him know about this, he might be up for bringing the ex Wynns tractor 3630DW. http://www.classictracksandtrucks.co.uk/Photo%20gallery/PICT0009.JPG

I hope he does,a great bloke .I think he really enjoyed pushing my T around the arena with his Rottinoff while pulling the Pickfords trailor last year.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi AntarMike

just asking if you got my contact detials ok and do we have some dates to aim at?

if I am getting down there by low loader ( the begging has already started), do we have to be in the day before the show starts??

thanks

MaccDT

• 1 month later...

Gone into silence mode on this thread so

Shall be taking my showmans living van + 9x9 and as such all Diamond T entrants may use as open house getogethers etc" beer drinking not excluded." Graham aka "EGG 159" is travelling down with me as second man and will be bringing his Diamond T photo albums and hopefully some of his excellent Diamond T models for us to look at.

Does any one on the forum have the capability of recording on disc or video of what could be the biggest gathering of Diamond T,s ever since WW II ?. Maybe as a commercial venture

i know i would purchase a copy.:-D

Gone into silence mode on this thread so

Shall be taking my showmans living van + 9x9 and as such all Diamond T entrants may use as open house getogethers etc" beer drinking not excluded." Graham aka "EGG 159" is travelling down with me as second man and will be bringing his Diamond T photo albums and hopefully some of his excellent Diamond T models for us to look at.

Does any one on the forum have the capability of recording on disc or video of what could be the biggest gathering of Diamond T,s ever since WW II ?. Maybe as a commercial venture

i know i would purchase a copy.:-D

Not Silence mode, just nothing to report. I can go no further until I get entry forms, which I will send out ASAP. GDSF is one of the last shows to send out entry forms, and I am waiting for those.

All contact details sent to me will be followed up, but I am not the one driving this, it is normal for GDSF to send out late March, early May. I will try to get forms before t5hen, but so much with GDSF has to be agreed safety wise, planning with LOCAL authgorities etc, and until this is nigh on completed, forms will not appear.

Mike

quick question, do you no if any one will have a 50 ton dyson drawbar trailer at the event ?

I would not have thought so. Mine went to Liverpool.and I don't think Kev is coming down.

Brian Bailey's one is not coming, Mike Pickup's one will be in Sussex, I have not heard Mr Arnold's pair have sold, so I would have thought not.

• 3 weeks later...

Like most of us out there i`m getting a tad worried about fuel costs for the trip to Dorset.

My original guesstimate of 180 miles each way at 5mpg adds up to roughly £450.00 on fuel alone.

I know that low-loaders need lots of juice too but does anyone know of a low-loader with enough room for my 981 ie 1/2 his load bed empty who is likely to go over the Dartford bridge on route. Maybe i could meet him in thurrock services and hitch a ride, splitting the fuel costs.

Even if it was only one way it would be a start.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like I am banging my head against a wall. I contacted Martin Oliver early and he was enthusiastic about this idea. I am now trying to get entry forms from him for this event, and despite e-mails, and phone calls to the show office and Martin, I am no nearer getting entry forms to send out.

I realise that Martin is very busy at this time of the year, but at the moment nothing is happening from the show office.

Whilst I hope to have entry forms coming (on the basis of Martin's early communications with me) as yet there is no sign that they will happen.

I hope this event will be possible but I am warning everyone that despite my best efforts it is not falling into place as I had been led to believe it would.

After last years fiasco of offered help from the GDSF and lack of delivered help on the day I am not far short of breaking point with trying to organise the Diesel Heavy Haulage section. I hope that the next few days will see some positive response from GDSF, because if they don't start talking to me soon, it will be too late.

I feel like I am failing in the task, but I am doing what I can. I hope to give you some hope that this will happen in the next few days. At the moment, based on current interest from GDSF I do not feel very confident.

If any Diamond T owners think they can get an answer from Martin, when I can't, it might be the time for you guys to start pestering the show office.

enquiries@gdsf.co.uk 01258 860361

Mike

My little panic is over, I have enough extra passes promised that I will be able to invite all Diamond T owners who have expressed a strong interest in attending.

Things have been hectic at The GDSF show office, particularly last Friday when I felt I was banging my head against the wall. Unless the world ends or the great prophet Zarquon returns, I will be sending out entry forms next week-end.

Mike