6 pdr 7cwt

• 2 months later...

We'll after almost five years the restoration of my 6 pdr has now been completed and turned out OK :banana:. The one part I am still eager to find is the sight arm and mount but I think its a case of just waiting until one comes along ! :help:

I will endeavor to get it out of the workshop over the weekend ( between gritting duties that is ) and take some snaps for those who are interested in Artillery.

I did however find a little gem a few weeks ago which I think paid over the odds for but 'sod it' you only get one chance at things some times. :clap:

Rob...................rnixartillery collection.

$(KGrHqR,!kwE7!LG+WupBO9pzT,MEw~~60_3.jpg

What a gem it is - Well done!

Cheers Stef,how's that gun of yours coming along ?

Nice job Rob! Now I can see what all the little bits are for.....

Oh and thanks very much! :thumbsup:

Thanks for your help Adrian, Top notch workmanship and well worth the trip to Suffolk !

Rob..................rnixartillery collection.

Congratulations, you must be really chuffed :)

What's the next one on the lis then?

Yes,I am very pleased with the 6 pdr. I have several other pieces in line to work on but I would realy like to restore my 3.7" Heavy Anti -Aircraft gun,the only problem I have is that I dont have anything big enough lift the componants about with and it will kill my old tractor loader.

The gun will be completely disassembled,blast cleaned and rebuilt...........................hopefuly !

Rob..........................rnixartillery

Hello again matey

Another cracker restoration mate glad to see it

looking forward to seeing it in person next time i am over at yours

thanks for posting pictures on site to show others the dedicated and professional work you do

you never know some one out there would be glad of your services and may be dreams do come true and youcould do it full time :saluting:

Davey