My Land Rover Wolf XD 110

sas pinkie

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good, ready for w+p? :shocked::-D

Cheers...... I doubt it, even if it is all pretty much built, I still have to register it, and with the demise of Land Rover traceability, I am not sure how I am going to do that yet........

Well this weekend I fitted the rear tub, the roof and the roll cage. I have also part fitted the interior liner. Those that know wolf will notice it isnt the standard run of the mill Radhaz kit. It is infact the proper winterised kit as fitted to the winterised and the winterised wading 110s. It covers all the roll cage to prevent anyone touching the metal, and it has a velcro in peice that rolls down to cover the rear door. It even goes behind the rear seats, covering the tub reinforcement. A rare liner indeed.....

Enjoy.

DSCF0996.jpg

DSCF1001.jpg

DSCF1002.jpg

DSCF1003.jpg

DSCF1005.jpg

No, I doubt it. The rear tilt is not any different to any other rear tilt. Its just the seperate interior liner thats different. It will eventually have a hard top on it, I have just gone for the soft top for the time being as the hard top needs repairing and I am missing most of the fitting kit.

Anyway, we are in blighty here, I doubt ultraviolet light will be an issue, you can generally count how many days the sun comes out to play on one hand....lol

• 2 months later...

Its now the end of the outside building season, yet I am still outside building...... mmmmm That didnt go to plan.

Just after my last post I managed to have an accident at work and broke my arm, and my leg, so that kind of put pay to any further work on the wolf. I am still on light duties, but I still need to get my wolf on the road, so my brother kindly stepped into the fold and has been hard at work assisting me with all the heavy stuff to try and get this thing finished.

We have spent the last week dodging the rain to fit the Bulkhead, doors, dash board, roof, wings, front panel, sills, steering box and change the fluids and cam belt.

This doesnt sound too much but we have really struggled, everything just fought back.

Well they forcast rain tomorrow, so I doubt I will get anything further done for a little while.

Here are some photos..... not so many as we were just heads down in the work trying to get it all done.

Enjoy.

DSCF1048.jpg

DSCF1049.jpg

DSCF1052.jpg

DSCF1051.jpg

DSCF1085.jpg

DSCF1055.jpg

DSCF1094.jpg

DSCF1088.jpg

DSCF1096.jpg

DSCF1095.jpg

You have still did a lot of work even if you only supervised its not easy to do much while your healing from broken bones ! Glad it wasn't worse !

I understand about the "liner" now , I though it was a cover by its self and not a liner , interior that went underneath the hard top. .

Hope you will be feeling more comfortable in another month or so . I say feel like your old self but only you know just how well you will have healed.

Well I got a bit more done today..... I had some good news, and then some bad.

I managed to get it running for the first time since I have owned it..... and it ran great.

But the bad news is I had diesel pissing out the wading plug, so it seems the accident damaged the injector pump, so I have got to strip the front end back down again, to change the injector pump..... Grrrrrrrr

• 4 weeks later...

I have been busy over the last couple of weekends..... Lots of things went wrong, and jobs that should of taken 20 mins or so, didnt. They ended up taking more like 3 -4 hours.......

But... All my swearing, hammering and beating has finally paid off.

After purchasing a new injector pump, and fitting it with another new timing belt, I now have a Wolf that goes.

After replacing a brake line that runs the entire length of the vehicle I now have a Wolf that stops.

After chasing those pesky electrical gremlins all day, I now have a Wolf with fully functioning lights and ancills......

It is very almost ready for an MOT. All I really need to do is repair and fit the back door, screw down the floor and finish a few of the last little trims.

Well here it is.

DSCF0571-1.jpg

DSCF0570-1.jpg

DSCF0568-1.jpg

DSCF0567-1.jpg

DSCF0572-1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
That's a good idea with the 12x12 frame as a make shift garage.

he he he... you know its true. I got fed up with getting wet, and then the brain wave hit me..... to be fair, it was the idea of REME. I was on an exercise, and they were on the same training area. we drove past and I saw they had done exactly the same, only with a green tarp under cam net. "Bugger me" I thought, such a simple idea and yet I had never thought of doing it......

Robin,

They are for convoy flags.

http://www.lrseries.com/shop/product/listing/5328/RRC7932-FLAG-STAFF-BRACKET.html?search=rrc7932&page=1

Chris

In post 54 you show several pictures of the rear tub of the vehicle. On the corners are some vertical tubes with closed bottoms. What sockets into those tubes?

R

• 3 weeks later...

Well it turns out there was a complication with the release paperwork..... It turns out that the chap that signed it wasnt authorised to do so. This meant that despite the fact that the MOD were happy that the vehicle was released correctly and that I was the correct owner, owing to the wrong signiture I had to endure two weeks of wrangling to get a correctly signed document.

The MOD had to re issue the release paperwork, which didnt come quickly.

But......

I am indeed chuffed now as My xD now owns a brand spanking new P reg number plate.

I am off tomorrow night to collect it off of my Parents drive (which they have been waiting for since Dec 23rd 2009 when it was delivered there) and drive it home for the very first time.

Woo Hoo.....

• 10 months later...