WW2 British 1 Ton 2wheel GS Trailer

Ian L

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Alex, yes mate there's a seller in Newbury who imported a few & sells them at £125 each, Guy had a couple for his trailer to.

Ian; sounds like a good price. I have a set of 9.00x13 Alliance tyres, which I bought along with my Chevrolet C8. Although I prefer the Olympic/BKT tyres for our classic MV use, they were not making these anymore at the time I bought my truck. But, in the meantime BKT have re-introduced the tyre!

What about tubes and liners? Did you use the originals or does the Newbury seller have these available new? I have seen tubes on Ebay, but the style and material for the valves seems limited. (plastic valves??)

Anyway, good work on the GS and water trailers guys!

Alex

Ian; sounds like a good price. I have a set of 9.00x13 Alliance tyres, which I bought along with my Chevrolet C8. Although I prefer the Olympic/BKT tyres for our classic MV use, they were not making these anymore at the time I bought my truck. But, in the meantime BKT have re-introduced the tyre!

What about tubes and liners? Did you use the originals or does the Newbury seller have these available new? I have seen tubes on Ebay, but the style and material for the valves seems limited. (plastic valves??)

Anyway, good work on the GS and water trailers guys!

Alex

Hi Alex we had tubes from him aswell which I think were about £18 each ? they are the type with the larger valves.

Hi Alex we had tubes from him aswell which I think were about £18 each ? they are the type with the larger valves.

Thanks Ian, sounds like a good price for the tubes as well. The Newbury dealer is ToTec I presume?

Trailer frame is looking good!

Alex

Edited by Alex van de Wetering

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Hi Ian,

Which period "Olive" drab are you going to use?

Hi John I painted last night just after midnight after 3 hours of prepping & will post photos of it tomorrow.

I used the same paint as the water bowser restoration, Firwood 703 Fast dry matt BS298 2231 Olive Drab from Jeep Parts, its a lighter green than R&R Warpaint and has a sheen.

Mixed with 20% thinners & used a 1.8 nozzle, and than 'baked' at 'gas mark' 65' for 30 mins in the oven.

Regards Ian

That's the only photo I took of the finished trailer on Friday night as it was 1.30 AM & I still had to get everything cleaned up before getting to bed at nearly 3 AM, photos to follow later today.

DSC02744.JPG

Edited by Ian L